1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: trouble deciding on a case

hey guys, I know there are many threads talking about cases out there and I feel like I have read 98% of them in the past 3 days of searching. I just can't decide on one because of a few concerns and I figured I would just go to you and see what some of your experiences have been. I had an otterbox on my last phone (HTV Evo 4G) and it did great. I had dropped the phone on the concrete so many times and absolutely no damage. So naturally I leaned toward the otterbox for my Note 3 at first. But then I rand into this Spigen Neo Hybrid case everyone seems to be freaking out about. I LOVE the way that cases looks. Very beautiful case. But I do what it to still be protective. So I'm a little worried about how protective the case is. What would you guys say for the Otterbox Commuter vs the Spigen Neo Hybrid? I had also heard about the Spigen Slim Armor, but not sure about that one either. If any of you have a suggestion of another case I haven't mentioned please feel free to suggest, I'm open to new ideas.

Okay second part: Screen protector. what is a great one? One that keeps the screen in clear HD (where I forget it's there) and still works with the S Pen because I use that thing a lot. Is the one that comes with the Otterbox enough?

I really appreciate your help in my decision and I know my girlfriend will to because she is tired of me stressing over which case I should get and constantly looking up reviews, haha.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-24-2014 at 11:11 PM.

Default Re: trouble deciding on a case

I have the Spigen Neo hybrid with an iloome tempered glass screen protector. I also have a zero lemon 10,000 mAh battery with a rugged case. I rarely ever drop my phone so the neo hybrid is good enough for me. If you're prone to dropping your phone you're probably better off getting the Otterbox defender.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    I have the Spigen Neo hybrid with an iloome tempered glass screen protector. I also have a zero lemon 10,000 mAh battery with a rugged case. I rarely ever drop my phone so the neo hybrid is good enough for me. If you're prone to dropping your phone you're probably better off getting the Otterbox defender.

is the iloome not really thick?

The iloome sticks up above the silver lip on the note. Fits perfectly with the neo hybrid.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The iloome sticks up above the silver lip on the note. Fits perfectly with the neo hybrid.

Awesome! thank you so much. I think I will get those then.

Default Re: Note 3: trouble deciding on a case

Check out this picture. You can see how thick the iloome tempered glass is. Picture was taken with an HTC one. You also get a black and white home button sticker. Works great.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3: trouble deciding on a case-1393308348804.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Check out this picture. You can see how thick the iloome tempered glass is. Picture was taken with an HTC one. You also get a black and white home button sticker. Works great.

yeah dude, I looked up a bunch of youtube videos on this thing and I have it ordered on amazon right now! I'm excited about that. Need to protect my investment and this seems to be a great way to do that. I saw some videos where people put nails and keys to the iloome and did absolutely nothing. Amazing product. thank you for the suggestion!

I've been using Zagg screen protectors for a while now and even have the Zagg GLASS on my 5s, but this time I decided to try the iLoome GLASS screen protector for my Black Note3 along with the Samsung S-View Folio case for starters.

I like Incipio cases so I'm using a Dualpro. I've never used a screen protector on any phone.

Posted via T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by hrbib21 View Post
    I like Incipio cases so I'm using a Dualpro. I've never used a screen protector on any phone.

Posted via T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I am also using an Incipio Dual pro case with just a plastic film screen protector, works for me!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,064 Global Posts

I have the Spigen Neo Hybrid. It's a piece of **** compared to the UAG...

If you're thinking about Otterbox, you are obviously thinking about real protection. The Otterbox is old and dated technology. The UAG blows it away and is even more protective than the Otterbox. I have dropped my Note 3 at least 3-4 times and there isn't even a scratch on the case, leave alone the phone. The UAG is made of some type of rubber and rubberized composite that just doesn't scratch easily, no matter what you drop on, and I always drop it on concrete. Otterbox just hasn't kept up with the times as far as I'm concerned. I also use a Zagg glass screen protector. Both make a perfect combination and greatly decrease the chances of cosmetic damage to the device.

Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

I have no experience of UAG cases and I'm sure they're probably very good. However Otterbox have stepped up their game too. They were previously a bit ugly and functional but the new Commuter for the Note 3 is really something else. And personally, I prefer the Otterbox look to the Hummer Hard-man look of the UAG.

Sent from my SM-N9005

I guess if I worked in the construction field or dropped my Note3 on a regular basis, I would look for a more rugged case, however working in an office environment I really don't need that type of protection.