Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tannerrblake
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Default Updated Touchwiz

Who the thinks the Note 3 will get the version of Touchwiz introduced with the Galaxy S5? Why or why not?

I am Aquaman!

Default Re: Updated Touchwiz

My vote is not. Probably too dependent on hw and other factors in the new phone. I actually don't mind it and overall think the note 3 is outstanding. Those who don't like TouchWiz can use another launcher so the are options for all.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Don't think we'll see it either. The S4 and Note 3 already have Kit Kat in many countries, and we didn't see any changes I. software

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Nova Prime for the world!

Sent from my SM-N9005

Global Posts
    899 Global Posts

Yeah, chances are we won't see any UI over hauls.
    On a side note, did anyone else notice that the battery indicator wasn't white and the send/receive arrows were below the network symbol.
    From what I understand the update to 4.4 on the Note 3 changed those to white, but the S5 had them green.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    On a side note, did anyone else notice that the battery indicator wasn't white and the send/receive arrows were below the network symbol.
    From what I understand the update to 4.4 on the Note 3 changed those to white, but the S5 had them green.

I think note 3 will get it.

I really hope it does, I love the new look of TouchWiz. Who knows, a new update could possibly bring it in the future.
    MS3GT likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Launchers are one thing, but I would like to see a refresh when going into the menus and options. Even the dialer. A little more customization tweaks on the already super bloated rom.

I am Aquaman!
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by tannerrblake View Post
    I really hope it does, I love the new look of TouchWiz. Who knows, a new update could possibly bring it in the future.
    Remember that the note 2 got an update with some of the note 3 features.

The battery icon is white in the new Galaxy S5, just like what Kit Kat did to the S4 and Note 3. As per Google the icons must be white across all OEM devices. As for the arrows on the network indicator, that is how the international Samsung devices have been for a while now. Carriers can and usually cosmetically change it to a proprietary icon to market their 4G, and can sometimes change the placement of those arrows.

I too am doubtful in seeing a UI change in an update though. Doesn't usually happen. Future updates just add some features off newer devices usually.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    899 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G3MINI_N3RD View Post

The battery icon is white in the new Galaxy S5, just like what Kit Kat did to the S4 and Note 3. As per Google the icons must be white across all OEM devices. As for the arrows on the network indicator, that is how the international Samsung devices have been for a while now. Carriers can and usually cosmetically change it to a proprietary icon to market their 4G, and can sometimes change the placement of those arrows.

I too am doubtful in seeing a UI change in an update though. Doesn't usually happen. Future updates just add some features off newer devices usually.

Yep, I just watched the video again and saw that. Don't know where I thought I saw a green battery indicator then...

Thanked by:

Yep, I just watched the video again and saw that. Don't know where I thought I saw a green battery indicator then...

It's cool. I've seen demo photos of things that never even had what the promotional shots showed. Like the Nexus 4 yellow wallpaper that was never even present on it in the yellow color.