Is this overkill?? (128GB SD card) Now even cheaper!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is this overkill??

Are they claiming 24 hours of 4k video? I thought that the claim was 24 hours of hd video, which is certainly possible at hd or even fHD.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

HD video, not 4K. Thanks :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

There's no minutes to be used if it's night or the weekend :)

Then hd video for 24 hours is pretty reasonable with current compression standards

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Are you using the phone to format it? If not, have you tried sticking it in a computer and formatting it with a different file structure?

I have tried HP's special flash memory format tool, Clockwork recovery, TWRP, even the stock recoveries from the LG G-Pad 8.3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus7 original with FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, ext2,3,4 nothing has worked. The best I get is my TF-101 will just continuous remount and dismount it. Everything else just pops up for a second that I have inserted an SD card but then it drops and nothing.

Has worked in cameras, PCs, MACs, and laptops. It is also much faster than the advertisements stated which is a first for me and SD cards. Reads of 40MB/s & Writes of 18MB/s are avg

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have tried HP's special flash memory format tool, Clockwork recovery, TWRP, even the stock recoveries from the LG G-Pad 8.3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus7 original with FAT, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, ext2,3,4 nothing has worked. The best I get is my TF-101 will just continuous remount and dismount it. Everything else just pops up for a second that I have inserted an SD card but then it drops and nothing.

Has worked in cameras, PCs, MACs, and laptops. It is also much faster than the advertisements stated which is a first for me and SD cards. Reads of 40MB/s & Writes of 18MB/s are avg

I have a couple of AData devices and they are solid performers for me. I've even had one that I left in my pants pocket during a wash day and it still runs. Have you reached out to Adata directly?

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I felt like Sandisk's product, in chasing of fastest speed, tend to overheat more than others. This is damaging to the phone and card itself.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a couple of AData devices and they are solid performers for me. I've even had one that I left in my pants pocket during a wash day and it still runs. Have you reached out to Adata directly?

Never really worried about because I got the card for free at some business expo where they were being handed out at the door.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know if the S3 can support this much space?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

From what I have read the only Samsung phone capable of fully utilizing a 128GB microSD card currently is the Galaxy S5. But then again your mileage could vary.

UPDATE: I just found this article which lists a whole lot of phones that should be able to utilize the 128GB microSD card.
>>http://phandroid.com/2014/02/27/phones-that-work-with-sandisk-128gb-microsdxc-card/<<

Last edited:

RMXO

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

You never know until you try plus there is no such thing as overkill in the world of geekdom.

-Sent from my TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

From what I have read the only Samsung phone capable of fully utilizing a 128GB microSD card currently is the Galaxy S5. But then again your mileage could vary.

UPDATE: I just found this article which lists a whole lot of phones that should be able to utilize the 128GB microSD card.
>>http://phandroid.com/2014/02/27/phones-that-work-with-sandisk-128gb-microsdxc-card/<<

Yeah, other phones "only supported up to 64" because that was the limit of SD cards until SanDisk released their new 128GB cards

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Excited to here that the 128GB card will be compatible with the note 3. I need as much storage as I can get!

Posted from my galaxy note 3

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Excited to here that the 128GB card will be compatible with the note 3. I need as much storage as I can get!

Posted from my galaxy note 3

As much as I hate being an early adopter, I figure since Amazon is selling it at such a good price, I'll go ahead and jump on it. I may go ahead and put it on Ebay after I take delivery of it though....

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Well that package lasted intact all of 20 minutes. Threw the thing in with reckless abandonment. Thus far I have 6 movies, 4 HD and a few low quality. I'm still debating on whether or not to shove my 15 GB of music into the device as the last time I had music stored on my Sandisk, it failed on me. Haven't tried using USB 3.0 yet to write to the device as I use my device for a mobile hotspot and LOATHE that I have to have the device in Airplane mode to use 3.0.....What kind of jacked up silly nonsense is that anyways?