Why won't my Note 3 receive SMS from iPhones?

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Won't Receive SMS from iPhones

Now, I will add in here - even after I did everything I possibly could to ensure my phone was no longer linked with iMessage, there was still one group that I texts with that just never worked. It was odd because it would have made sense if the other people in the group were both iPhones, but one was iphone and one was an s3. I found the suggestion here in the forums to download a third party texting app, and that would force the group messaging, and they were right. Textra is by far the best for this. Give it a shot, it is a lightweight third party texting app that will hopefully keep your groups threads in the group.

I've used Textra and EvolveSMS, neither of them made a difference. While I loved both of these 3rd party messaging apps, now that I'm using the Galaxy Gear Watch it just works better using the stock messaging app. Thank you for your suggestion though!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Generally this is happening because iMessage is still being pointed to via the Apple account. You can typically fix it by disabling iMessage on all Apple products that you own and turning it off in the settings on your account. Sometimes it helps to call Apple support and have them sever the links on their end and within 24 hours, it usually works. The advice about deleting all of your SMS conversations and beginning new ones with those users also does help, but you didn't say if you imported your conversations or not.

Graphixx30

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Generally this is happening because iMessage is still being pointed to via the Apple account. You can typically fix it by disabling iMessage on all Apple products that you own and turning it off in the settings on your account. Sometimes it helps to call Apple support and have them sever the links on their end and within 24 hours, it usually works. The advice about deleting all of your SMS conversations and beginning new ones with those users also does help, but you didn't say if you imported your conversations or not.

Yes, I have disabled iMessages from all Apple products I own and even gone as far as changing my Apple ID password. I've called Apple and they don't see my phone number associated with iMessages or FaceTime in any of their databases. All old conversations have been deleted. It still doesn't make sense that they can text me individually but once I'm in a group message I don't receive any texts from them.

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com

I'm having to deal with this AGAIN, I had to use an iPhone for a couple of days while waiting for my new note 3 to come in. Now I can't receive group messages from iPhone users. Individual ones come through ok (as far as I know), but group ones do not. This is a totally different situation from what happened when I first switched. Then, it was just that the messages wouldn't come through in the thread, they came in individually, but downloading textra solved that. But this time, I'm not receiving messages at all! Definitely very frustrating. Anyone find anything that definitely works? I did all the steps listed above.

Tom Mcdaniel

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

I don't think prior phone number registration as an Apple device is the issue. I've never owned or used an iPhone, yet my android phone exhibits the same problem receiving messages from iPhone users.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Plain and simple, the problem is APPLE. If someone decides to switch to a different phone they should not be held back by APPLE. It's ridiculous and the reason why they were being sued. The sad part is that I bet there are users who don't know any better that switched back to iPhones because they couldn't get their "texts to work."

tynclt

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I had similar problem on my Galaxy S2 as well. When my friends send group messages from an iPhone, my phone cannot read it and only tells me to download. But when I click "Download" , nothing happens.
I made a simple change on the APN Setting and solve the problem.
Go to "Settings"→"Mobile Networks"→"Access Point Name" and then select your access point. And choose "internet+mms" in a section called "APN Type". Then you can actually download the messages sent from iMessage. But please note you have to turn on your Mobile Data whether you're connected to Wifi or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm