Is a RAM Cleaner app necessary on a Note 3?

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it recommended to run an app like Clean Master to clear RAM or is it better to just use the task manager to clear and periodically reboot the phone to keep it running fast?
I have had some trouble with the lock screen and clock widget freezing. I was told that task killers can do that. Any thoughts?
Thanks! Joe

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is it recommended to run an app like Clean Master to clear RAM or is it better to just use the task manager to clear and periodically reboot the phone to keep it running fast?
I have had some trouble with the lock screen and clock widget freezing. I was told that task killers can do that. Any thoughts?
Thanks! Joe

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

It's recommended to do neither except when troubleshooting a specific problem. You don't need to kill apps unless they're going rogue and RAM handles itself, interfering with it is actually more detrimental to the system than just letting it handle processes dynamically. In 2010 it was important, a little, to keep an eye on RAM and CPU management, but in the 2013/2014 world of devices you shouldn't have to ever even look at it unless something is specifically wrong that you're trying to investigate. It's not going to help battery life, speed or fluidity to micromanage it manually or to let an app micromanage it.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Agree completely with NothingIsTrue with one comment. Cleanmaster also does a good job cleaning up old files. I don't use it for the RAM cleaning at all, but I do find it handy for cleaning up my flash.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Agree completely with NothingIsTrue with one comment. Cleanmaster also does a good job cleaning up old files. I don't use it for the RAM cleaning at all, but I do find it handy for cleaning up my flash.

I also use Cleanmaster to clear old files and temporary files saved by apps like PicSay once I am done editing a picture. I also use a reboot app to clear the RAM if I get issues with apps locking or not running smoothly. While neither of these apps is necessary they do make life a bit easier, especially the fast reboot app which doesn't require the phone to cold boot.

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with NothingIsTrue. I do use clean master, but only to help clean out files. Especially rogue files from previous deleted apps. I disable or don't use the other features. ☺

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

mrao

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Android versions since ICS manage RAM dynamically...youre better off not adding a 3rd party app to do it...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
It probably woudln't hurt to do a ram cleaning before you go to bed to kill any unnecessary apps from running while sleeping. But I think it's not necessary during day/normal use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance