Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ffejjj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What is a ROM? :)

    Hello! Im just wondering what an ROM is, since my phone is rooted. What does it do and what are the pros an cons of it.

    Thank you for you thoughts! ;-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-26-2014 at 10:03 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)



    Here's a good read about Roms

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
    VDub2174 likes this.
  3. #3  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    It depends on the ROM.

    I'm running a 4.4.2 ROM on my Note 3 and TW was removed so I'm running a pure vanilla Android experience.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post


    Here's a good read about Roms

    Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanks well said. Now, is your note 3 rooted? What custom ROM for note 3 can you suggest?

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    actually I have the HTC One. while my last three phones have been rooted I haven'tfelt the need to do so with my One yet
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  6. #6  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by marktika View Post
    Thanks well said. Now, is your note 3 rooted? What custom ROM for note 3 can you suggest?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Which Note 3 variant do you have?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    It depends on the ROM.

    I'm running a 4.4.2 ROM on my Note 3 and TW was removed so I'm running a pure vanilla Android experience.
    Would that be Beanstalk vdub?

    If you check out the thread (what rom for note 3, I have posted ones that I have used and a little write up on each)

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Duncan View Post
    Would that be Beanstalk vdub?

    If you check out the thread (what rom for note 3, I have posted ones that I have used and a little write up on each)

    Posted via Android Central App
    I've used Beanstalk (Temasek) in the past but I've been using Anthem ROM for a while now
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  9. #9  

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I've used Beanstalk (Temasek) in the past but I've been using Anthem ROM for a while now
    Beanstalk was good but i had frame rate issues on video playback and couldn't find a fix, still have the zip but that was a let down on an otherwise great rom.

    Not sure if Anthem is available for the SM-N9005 variant but will look into it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Duncan View Post
    Beanstalk was good but i had frame rate issues on video playback and couldn't find a fix, still have the zip but that was a let down on an otherwise great rom.

    Not sure if Anthem is available for the SM-N9005 variant but will look into it.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I had random reboot issues when I was on Beanstalk for some reason.

    Other versions of Anthem were called Infamous. It's a solid ROM and paired with Temasek kernel I get amazing battery life!
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    Which Note 3 variant do you have?
    SM-N9005 i guess. Hehe

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  
    VDub2174's Avatar

    Posts
    3,569 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

    Default Re: what is an ROM? :)

    Quote Originally Posted by marktika View Post
    SM-N9005 i guess. Hehe

    Posted via Android Central App
    There are some ROMs here:

    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 08:31 AM
  2. LG G2 Battery life .. Is it normal ?
    By abdulwahab93 in forum LG G2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 02:47 PM
  4. What to get
    By AshManMB in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 09:49 AM
  5. Fast & Famous Rom Screenshots
    By Duncan1982 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B