Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What ROM for Note 3?

Whats the best ROM for Note 3? What do you think?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-26-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    LG G3 32GB WHITE

Default Re: What ROM for Note 3 ?

I don't know which variant you have but I've been using this one pretty much since I got my Note 3:

[ROM][4.4.2][HLTETMO][IOAP] Anthem for the T-Mobile Note 3 [Jan 30, 2014] - xda-developers
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
    Thanked by:

It all depends what your after eg a slimmer device or do you want to keep the tw features? but ones that I have used and all have been great are.

Info the following are all for 4.4.2

1) Beanstalk ( A great rom but it's slim hence the 250mb ish download, you will loose all S - Pen functionality and tw features)

2) X - Note 8 retains all tw features and offers great functionality and is a great looking rom.

3) Foxhound Ground Zeroes (This Rom performs brilliantly and maybe a placebo didn't really test fully but it seemed to be very battery friendly, a great rom, you do loose pen Window but the rest of the air command features work, maybe this won't affect you but never the less it's good.

4) My Current Rom Fast & Famous this designs out all the Features eg Air Command and it's great so far only had this one for 2 days but so far I am really impressed with this tw rom.

These are ones I have tried and hope you now have a better idea on which one you would like to try.

Bare in mind though these are for the SM-N9005.

They might not be available for your version. But there will still be plenty to choose from.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thanks for your replies.

my phone is n9000.
    n9005 is not available my country unfortunatelly.

by the way my phone is unroot now and i am not sure for root because of warranty issues.
    LG G3 32GB WHITE

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Duncan View Post
    It all depends what your after eg a slimmer device or do you want to keep the tw features? but ones that I have used and all have been great are.

Info the following are all for 4.4.2

1) Beanstalk ( A great rom but it's slim hence the 250mb ish download, you will loose all S - Pen functionality and tw features)

2) X - Note 8 retains all tw features and offers great functionality and is a great looking rom.

3) Foxhound Ground Zeroes (This Rom performs brilliantly and maybe a placebo didn't really test fully but it seemed to be very battery friendly, a great rom, you do loose pen Window but the rest of the air command features work, maybe this won't affect you but never the less it's good.

4) My Current Rom Fast & Famous this designs out all the Features eg Air Command and it's great so far only had this one for 2 days but so far I am really impressed with this tw rom.

These are ones I have tried and hope you now have a better idea on which one you would like to try.

Bare in mind though these are for the SM-N9005.

They might not be available for your version. But there will still be plenty to choose from.

Hey i want to try your ROM. :-) im not sure if mine's SM-N9005, how do i check? And can you please teach me how to put that ROM in my phone. Im afraid my phone will malfunction. Thank you! :-)

Default Re: What ROM for Note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by marktika View Post
    Hey i want to try your ROM. :-) im not sure if mine's SM-N9005, how do i check? And can you please teach me how to put that ROM in my phone. Im afraid my phone will malfunction. Thank you! :-)

You can check by going into Settings> General> About Device and it will be under Model Number.

First you will need to root & then flash a custom recovery.

This is Done on the Pc

To Root check your variant then download the Cf - auto root for that specific version. (Xda Developers)

Download kies 3 (used for drivers)

Download Odin (used to flash)

Put you phone into download mode by turning off, then holding Power> home> volume down. Your in download mode then press volume up to continue.

Connect to pc/laptop via usb and open odin, depending on the version it will either have PDA or AP, click in the box it will open a location folder> locate your file Cf - auto root> hit open> then make sure the box is ticked beside either PDA or AP> hit start> once finished there will be a green box with pass.

Then you have to do the same process with the custom recovery.

Once you have your custom recovery, you can download the ROM of your choice to your sd card> enter recovery by Turning off then press and hold power> home> volume up. You will have to factory reset, wipe cache, go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache. Then install zip, locate your file will be on external sd and then install.

Hope this helps and if unsure, watch a few videos to see the process.

Xda developers is the site I use for everything root and rom.

My New Dialer :-)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What ROM for Note 3?-1393542056395.jpg  

Hello TurkXtreme, their are lots of Rom are available to choose from. Most probably, the one Rom which I prefers most is X-note, it comes with many powerful features with smooth, and stable interface. Apart, while searching the good Rom for Note 3 I've found a good list, one which contains most probably all best Roms. The List has been published by AndroidCure, visit here: http://androidcure.com/top-kitkat-ro...galaxy-note-3/
    All the roms listed are good, and stable. I personally tried two of them, one is X-Note, and other is Omega, both are good in terms of stability, and performance and they are far better then the stock firmware in all aspects.
    Last edited by Tech_GamoTech; 04-16-2014 at 06:44 AM.