Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By Gerold Russello
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Action memo has stopped

Please help a newbie!

My Note 3 installed some automatic updates last night (local time) and now it has lost my Action memo (don't yet know if that is all the damage...).

All I get is the "Unfortunately, Action Memo has stopped" -message.

Have tried emptying cache and clearing data from application manager and have switched the phone off and removed battery. To no avail.

Is there any help? Preferrably in simple English - this is my very first smartphone. Haven't found anything, anywhere...

Global Posts
    31,291 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Action memo has stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Pisquie View Post
    Please help a newbie!

My Note 3 installed some automatic updates last night (local time) and now it has lost my Action memo (don't yet know if that is all the damage...).

Have tried emptying cache and clearing data from application manager and have switched the phone off and removed battery. To no avail.

Is there any help? Preferrably in simple English - this is my very first smartphone. Haven't found anything, anywhere...
    Welcome to the forums.
    I don't have a Note 3 myself, but I am guessing Action Memo is a Samsung app (as I couldn't find it in the Play Store). If that is the case you can email Samsung and let them know. If you need a note taking app I would suggest Keep from Google. Simple, but effective. Side note: Do you get an option to report the issue when the message comes up?

Have you said hello to the rest of the community? Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Actually, I booted the whole thing. Now it works. Hopefully that won't be a frequent necessity... But I'm happy to read tips on how to avoid such problems in the future.

Global Posts
    31,291 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Actually, I booted the whole thing. Now it works. Hopefully that won't be a frequent necessity... But I'm happy to read tips on how to avoid such problems in the future.
    I guess that works too...lol
    Glad you got it sorted out. See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

i have the same issue what exactly did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by gilis View Post
    i have the same issue what exactly did you do?
    Try taking out the battery, re-install the SD card, and the sim as well if you can. It cured my regular Unfortunately, Settings has stopped ". See if it works for you.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Default Re: Note 3: Action memo has stopped

Alright .. I need some serious help.
    After updating to KitKat 4.4.2. My action memo and s memo doesn't work at all. Once u launch it whether via spen or the icon..its say suddenly stop working.

I have tried to pull battery out..SD card..replacing new SD..removing Sim card
    Nothing seems to be working.

Its frustrating.

Anyone has a suggestion.. Or even email address for Samsung support..please advice

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

I am having the same problem also.. after the update, first my keyboard doesnt work. then now i discovered the action memo doesnt work too. I don't know what else i would discover that doesnt work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    I don't have a Note 3 myself, but I am guessing Action Memo is a Samsung app (as I couldn't find it in the Play Store). If that is the case you can email Samsung and let them know. If you need a note taking app I would suggest Keep from Google. Simple, but effective. Side note: Do you get an option to report the issue when the message comes up?

Have you said hello to the rest of the community? Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Really though. 90 gazillion sales, and there's a guy been watching a blank screen for 14 weeks waiting for my email. Do many get a response that way. OK there's a CS part of their main regional sites, but still.

Global Posts
    31,291 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Really though. 90 gazillion sales, and there's a guy been watching a blank screen for 14 weeks waiting for my email. Do many get a response that way. OK there's a CS part of their main regional sites, but still.
    Agreed, that it isn't the best solution, but if they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.
    anon8380037 likes this.

Agreed, that it isn't the best solution, but if they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.
    I know. I was just wondering if you heard of many getting a direct response. But sure it is good for enough people to complain about the same problem. Thanks.

Global Posts
    31,291 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I know. I was just wondering if you heard of many getting a direct response. But sure it is good for enough people to complain about the same problem. Thanks.
    Lucky for me, I haven't really had anything like that happen (aside from flashing experimental ROMs but I don't count that). But when the window for a crashed app pops up I do hit the report button if the option is there.

(Sorry if either reply seems curt/rude. Didn't mean them to be.)

Lucky for me, I haven't really had anything like that happen (aside from flashing experimental ROMs but I don't count that). But when the window for a crashed app pops up I do hit the report button if the option is there.

(Sorry if either reply seems curt/rude. Didn't mean them to be.)
    Hi again. Not sure if you meant this reply for someone else.
    Could I ask a favour while your on? I directed a mattjbv from a note 3 thread to Introductions in Android Central Lounge intitially before I corrected myself to Central Community. Could you please pick up his post in Central Lounge and start the ball rolling for him. "Relative newbie ....".
    I feel bad.

Global Posts
    31,291 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Hi again. Not sure if you meant this reply for someone else.
    Could I ask a favour while your on? I directed a mattjbv from a note 3 thread to Introductions in Android Central Lounge intitially before I corrected myself to Central Community. Could you please pick up his post in Central Lounge and start the ball rolling for him. "Relative newbie ....".
    I feel bad.
    Wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to be rude.
    I will have a look, and can arrange for it to me moved (I can't but it will get moved.)
    anon8380037 likes this.

Wanted to make sure I wasn't trying to be rude.
    I will have a look, and can arrange for it to me moved (I can't but it will get moved.)
    It was the poor way I answered you! Thanks for helping in C. Lounge. His initial post was in N3.
    I can delete my posts here later.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

FIX!! Doing a factory reset is unfortunately the only way i got this fixed. Make sure you backup everything and sync your accounts first!! Once done, air command launching memo worked like it should!
    anon8380037 likes this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1" Tab-GT 5110,unfortunately,Memo has stopped.

Please help a newbie!

It's a tablet,as I can see on my question,you are treating as it was Galaxy Note 3,while I am waiting for a specific answer for my tablet(GT 5110)

Sorry:
    How did you rebooted the phone and make Action Memo to work?

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

force stop action memo from application manager. uninstall application update if needed

Unacceptable.

If you, as Samsung, Android, or ATT, want to push me updates that I dont have an option to 'not install' you better make sure your updates don't kill my phone's functionality!

Am I supposed to waste my time to find fixes each time I get a required update? Don't you test you updates before you push them to consumers! Unbelievable!

This is the 3rd update, and no exceptions: again my phone does not work properly - i need action memo immediately and i figure out it does not work at all. This is too much. I'm already considering going back to Iphone, when they release Iphone6. At least it is robust. It does not have a pen -but well, the pen does not help me much after these updates anyway!

Well i don't know if it was just luck but i made it work...I open Action note WITHOUT the pen (with my finger) and it worked!!! After that it's working normaly with the pen. Try that and tell me if it works.

Samsung replaced Action Memo with S Note. Old notes are stored in device folder, actionmemo. Old notes can be read as jpg or deleted but not modified.

Quote Originally Posted by travcar View Post
    Samsung replaced Action Memo with S Note. Old notes are stored in device folder, actionmemo. Old notes can be read as jpg or deleted but not modified.
    Hi. Action Memo is a very different kettle of fish to the Memo I had on my Galaxy S2. I had to find Color Note to replace memo on my Note 3.
    S-Note did replace Memo yes. Action Memo saves or transcribes handwritten pen notes on a 'sticky' pad into different actions available when you circle your script. I never use it personally.

How do you fix it?
    i still dont know how to fix it
    can you help me?
    Sorry for my bad english