Backup and restore question

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 Note 3's. One which I use and another for backup in case one breaks down and needs to be sent out for repair. I have always had two of the same phones with whatever I buy. Question here is: is there a way to backup one device and restore to another? It's not the data I care about, but the apps I downloaded from Google Play. I can restore the screens and layout with my Nova backup.

I want to be able to just sign in and have the device restore the apps from my account on Google play, from the previous device.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have always wondered this myself.
One thing I do miss from my old BlackBerry days was the BlackBerry desktop manager.
It was convenient to plug in my BlackBerry, back up and restore when I switched devices or did a wipe.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I had something even better, which was a BES. That would recreate my BB environment from A-Z OTA, by simply entering an activation code after a wipe, or upon purchase of a new BB. They had that part right. Unfortunately, they got most everything else wrong. That's why I'm on Android now.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had something even better, which was a BES. That would recreate my BB environment from A-Z OTA, by simply entering an activation code after a wipe, or upon purchase of a new BB. They had that part right. Unfortunately, they got most everything else wrong. That's why I'm on Android now.

Damn, OTA would have been nice for sure!

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to root to transfer a backup to another device. I used helium top transfer apps from my wife's S4 to her G2, both without root.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

kgoma2le

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 Note 3's. One which I use and another for backup in case one breaks down and needs to be sent out for repair. I have always had two of the same phones with whatever I buy. Question here is: is there a way to backup one device and restore to another? It's not the data I care about, but the apps I downloaded from Google Play. I can restore the screens and layout with my Nova backup.

I want to be able to just sign in and have the device restore the apps from my account on Google play, from the previous device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary