Note 3: What's wrong with my phone?

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Battery is draining like crazy. This is my screen shot. This is the fist time I've ever see the android tab so high uploadfromtaptalk1393904582422.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: What's wrong with my phone?

Don't know, but your signal is very low and that doesn't help

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Just restart the phone and after a full charge it should be back to normal.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just restart the phone and after a full charge it should be back to normal.

I would try this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

When you say restart do you mean just turn it off and take the battery out? Or is there like a section in the phone that allows you to restart it?

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Now this is what it looks like. What is media server? I restarted it and the battery is draining every couple min. Everything is off. No wifi blue tooth or motion options are on. My phone has been uploadfromtaptalk1393938577060.jpgfreezing a lot and last night took my phone 20 mim just to come up 5%.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Now this is what it looks like. What is media server? I restarted it and the battery is draining every couple min. Everything is off. No wifi blue tooth or motion options are on. My phone has been View attachment 106619freezing a lot and last night took my phone 20 mim just to come up 5%.

I wouldn't judge the battery usage on 4 minutes.. There will be things there that may not normally be there with high percentages. Such as.. Media server could be any type of media being played.. Music, movies, etc. And it's so high because it's only been 4 minutes and that is the drain.

As for it charging slow does it do this with any other charger? Also what syncs do you have running?

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

It says only 4 only minutes because I turned it off or restarted it. When I charge it with the charger it came with the battery drains very fast. When I charge it with another charger I see the charge last longer. It won't drain as fast.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It says only 4 only minutes because I turned it off or restarted it. When I charge it with the charger it came with the battery drains very fast. When I charge it with another charger I see the charge last longer. It won't drain as fast.

The time stays even if the device is restarted. The only time the "time on battery" resets is when the phone hits 90% or higher.

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Yes but my phone was at 99% at 731 when I took it off the charger. Since then it's been draining. Right now at 77% and it's been off the charger not even 2 whole hours

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes but my phone was at 99% at 731 when I took it off the charger. Since then it's been draining. Right now at 77% and it's been off the charger not even 2 whole hours

What does your screen on time look like?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Try tapping on the screen percentage when in the battery section and it'll show the screen time (example below).

Attachments

• 1393944390111.jpg
    1393944390111.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 42

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Android os drain has been a problem for some people these days including myself.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Billybob Reid

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

i have had mine for about a month. and this last week its like it wont charge even with being on the charger for days... it was discharging on the cord provided and they are sending me a new one.... when and used just the regular micro usb that came with my s3 that i traded in and some times it charges but other times it just stays at the same percentage. starting to get frustrated big time..... i have been diligent about unplugging it after i get to 100 precent... and i heard this battery was amazing with somewhat heavy use.... i havent seen it yet. but i do love my phone... i also did a master reset to see if it would help.. any recomendations

missdorado26

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So in the last week my charger was working slow. And finally last night it just wouldn't charge at all. Verizon should swap it out as I'm still in warranty right? I love the phone but have yet to see the great battery life that everyone talks about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995