Note 3: Battery Draining too quick.

bilal_3715

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had the note 3 n9005 for few months now and it's been working fine but all of a sudden this "mm-qcamera-daemon" program or what ever it is has been draining my battery to quick. I have not downloaded this and it's appeared all of a sudden. My battery used to last me 2 or more days but now it just lasts me 1 day. I have read few forums regarding this issue and they have mention about yahoo plugins (uninstall it) but I have not installed any yahoo plugin so does anyone now how to sort this issue out? Also my firmware installed on the device is 4.3 when android has released the 4.4 kitkat so how to sort this error out so I can upgrade the firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Battery Draining too quick.

When I find something troublesome I delete under managing apps. There are some apps I had that drained my Note2 and I got rid of them. My note3 is fine.

Check into that

Posted via Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

That is the camera. What camera apps do you have installed? Are you taking a lot of pics?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bilal_3715

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site

The issue is not there now and the phone is working fine now but I haven't got any camera apps installed nor do I take any photos.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I removed my Verizon Galaxy Note3 from it's charger at approx 8AM battery at 100%, put a different homescreen set up on and didn't touch it again until 6PM (I know almost unbelievable. Busy with church). The Battery was at 96%.....I would say that meets my satisfaction....SMILE

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Google claims Skype may be involved in this. People suggested that a reboot may fix this, although this solution may not be permanent.

@T-Mobile GN3

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I removed my Verizon Galaxy Note3 from it's charger at approx 8AM battery at 100%, put a different homescreen set up on and didn't touch it again until 6PM (I know almost unbelievable. Busy with church). The Battery was at 96%.....I would say that meets my satisfaction....SMILE

thats freaking nuts

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's actually normal, with no real use. It's about what I see as well and when the phone shuts WiFi and mobile data off for 6 hours when I sleep, I see only a 0-1% drop in battery.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

yeah, mine dropped precisely 1% last night over 8 hrs, from 43 to 42%.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Google claims Skype may be involved in this. People suggested that a reboot may fix this, although this solution may not be permanent.

@T-Mobile GN3

For Skype, I sign out after use

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

rsto

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery used to be great, getting well over a days full use, now I can get only maybe 6-7 hours, I went into work yesterday at 2 and by 8 I was on 42%. It was great up until about 2 weeks ago. Just today I've had it off charge for about an hour and I've already lost 12% and have only used it maybe 10 mins while searching for this thread, anyone have any suggestions before I give up and try a new phone?

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am getting great battery life. I have 6 batteries and rotate them all.
jeqezenu.jpg
manu3y6a.jpg

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Maged Bishara

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I upgraded to 4.4 even with data and Wi-Fi off I lose all of my battery power within a five hour period. Almost 100% before I go to bed and down to 15% by the time I wake up.

Something's wrong for sure ever since this upgrade.

They say that they'll have a fix sometime soon for the camera glitch so I assume someone by August :).

Until then I stocked up on portable battery packs, extra charge cables and an extra battery with a charger.

It's a shame because I used to go one full day with heavy usage without any issues. Now I'm monitoring battery doctor and juice defender continuously. They won't help since there's something draining.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Enppu

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. My Note 3 is only a week old and yesterday I charged it fully 100% before I went to sleep. After I woke up 6hours later, the battery was drained from 100 to 64. Every single app was closed and power saving settings were on. Is there some problem with my battery? 10245547_10202996629150166_475531015984915954_n.jpg

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Y'all need to install GSAM to monitor your drain. The OS app doesn't drill down far enough to give you a clue as to where the issues are. GSAM will tell you exactly where they are. Overnight drain should not move the barometer at all...certainly not 35%; that's just crazy!

I posted above - saying that I lose 0-1% overnight. And that's exactly what it should be, if you're set up correctly.

Matin Popal

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
first backup your data through samsung kies 3,or you can download share app from play store share your data to your pc,and then factory reset your samsung galaxy note 3,i had same problem with my note 3 yesterday i factory reset my note 3 and now it's working so good,100% it's working just try it,last night 8:00pm i fully charge it,1 hour talking on skype,1:47 hours playing farmville 2 game,now it's 12:46 pm i still have 61% battery on my note 3,,,good luck

KiltedMP

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Running GSam and getting good results. Tried Battery Doctor and it's been able to shut down numerous apps and return a lot of life back to my Note. Seems Google services is keeping my device awake and I'm not sure what's doing it. Looking at GSam, it's telling me over 500 wakelocks. I haven't changed a thing, so I have to think it's something that's been updated that's messing with me.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Just curious. Do you guys above keep Sync on overnight. Also do you have all sync options ticked in your Google account, including photos / Picasa. Do you have Google+ enabled, and backing up your stuff.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2