Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Another battery thread(forgive me)

Am I getting greedy by wanting more?

Default Re: Another battery thread(forgive me)

Under 2.5 hrs of screen on time seems fairly poor, but I can't tell from those stats why it might be that way. It looks like your cell signal is usually fine, so poor signal would be causing drain. I don't see any intensive gaming being done. Are you running stock Android?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Under 2.5 hrs of screen on time seems fairly poor, but I can't tell from those stats why it might be that way. It looks like your cell signal is usually fine, so poor signal would be causing drain. I don't see any intensive gaming being done. Are you running stock Android?
    I'm using GEL which I assume causes some battery drain.
    I read on here about nonstock wallpaper so I use a wallpaper that is available on the phone already.
    My signal does get poor sometimes here at work, but not terrible. I maintain LTE 99.9% of the time.
    For this test, I had my brightness all the way down.

Did you also modify it to be always listening for "Ok Google"? That might drain the battery a little faster.

Have you tried going back to TouchWiz, or perhaps trying some other launcher like Nova?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

I'll try switching back to action launcher and do another test. I assumed GEL was the issue, but never saw it pop up. Makes sense it caused the screen issue.

Yes it is definitely a cause of the battery drain. You're awake time was over 5 hrs but screen on was only 2.5

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Give us the screen shot "view time held awake" If it's some 3rd party app that's keeping your device awake then just delete it and then reinstall it to see if the battery gets better or just leave it uninstall. If it's an app that came with the device, try restarting the phone to see if the battery gets better.
    Btw, your signal is fine because i had worse signals then you from time to time but my battery on drop a few percent when I don't use it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

This is from overnight. I put it down at 95% and woke up to it being 85%. My signal at home seems terrible.

Android OS is holding it. Ideas why?

Turn off wifi when you don't use it. I don't know about the kernel though. It keeps my phone awake too but my battery isn't as bad as yours

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Did you also modify it to be always listening for "Ok Google"? That might drain the battery a little faster.

Have you tried going back to TouchWiz, or perhaps trying some other launcher like Nova?
    Always listening should not impact battery life in a substantial way, at least not s voice. I have tried enabling and disabling it and didn't notice much difference.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro