Line on LCD

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I traded my S4 for a LNIB note 3 and everything is perfect except for this little line on the LCD you cant feel it but it just seems as if it you were painting and missed a spot kind of line. It does not affect the functionality of the device at all everything else is absolutely flawless. The previous owner said they never noticed it so can someone tell me if this is a manufacturers defect or is it something I should be worried about? TIA
2014-03-06 14.47.30.jpg

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I see it but it's just out of the screen area so I don't think it would be a problem. Maybe just an annoyance! Since you traded, you probably have no recourse.
Maybe a mfg. defect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I see it but it's just out of the screen area so I don't think it would be a problem. Maybe just an annoyance! Since you traded, you probably have no recourse.
Maybe a mfg. defect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

A bit annoying, any ideas short of drastically changing the front panel to hide it?

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
One more question any idea how to make the screen protector stay on? If its too high to the top u get bubbles, if its too low it gets bubbles but there is no in between seeing as I put it exactly within the shape of the phone, maybe a tempered glass would be different any ideas?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I think the only way to hide it would be to get a privacy screen protector. I'm sure the black would make it disappear.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It seems it's a defect on the screen plate's painting (remember, the 'brushed aluminum' on it it's actually a paint job and no, your phone doesn't have an LCD panel, it's an AMOLED one). You can either ignore it as it won't affect the device's functions or try to replace the faceplate, but I wouldn't risk tampering with the phone's innards over something like this. But then again, this isn't my phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and as for the bubbles and protectors, you need to cut the edges or use a properly designed protector (the good quality ones will not be as long).

Since the 'good ones' were not available when I purchased mine I had the choice of either getting a custom-made cut-out or use a high-quality Note 2 protector. I'm using the latter and although it doesn't cover the whole glass (just about the top part right above the SAMSUNG logo is uncovered), it does a pretty good job of protecting the screen! And even with a TPU case, it doesn't reach the edges so it doesn't 'peel off' and show the bubbles.

3neekimmy

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh, and as for the bubbles and protectors, you need to cut the edges or use a properly designed protector (the good quality ones will not be as long).

Since the 'good ones' were not available when I purchased mine I had the choice of either getting a custom-made cut-out or use a high-quality Note 2 protector. I'm using the latter and although it doesn't cover the whole glass (just about the top part right above the SAMSUNG logo is uncovered), it does a pretty good job of protecting the screen! And even with a TPU case, it doesn't reach the edges so it doesn't 'peel off' and show the bubbles.

Cutting it really helped thanks so much!!! *cheers*

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I also had the same issue with the port cutouts in the TPU case... The original opening was too small for the supplied USB 3 cable, so I had to cut it just a bit. Same thing for the headphone jack as my car AUX cable didn't go all the way in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non