Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Audio too low... but Notification sounds over bluetooth are loud.

Been having an issue with Bluetooth audio volume being too low.. this is with in call audio and media audio.
    BOTH the volume on the phone AND the volume on the bluetooth device are all the way up.
    notifications sounds over bluetooth with the sliders at half way are MUCH louder than the audio volume with the sliders all the way up..
    it's low to the point that road volume @ 65mph (with windows up) is drowning out the audio.

I'm NOT rooted and I don't want to root the phone.

Default Re: Bluetooth Audio too low... but Notification sounds over bluetooth are loud.

Hard to say if it's a problem with your Bluetooth device or your phone. You could narrow it down by trying to pair the Bluetooth device to a different phone or tablet, and see if the problem persists. If so, there is probably an issue with the BT device.

Did this problem just start, and was the volume fine before? Did your phone recently get a system update? Are you using BT headphones, or your car's BT audio system?
    Almeuit likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Bluetooth Audio too low... but Notification sounds over bluetooth are loud.

noticed it on my S4 at first after an update... I just "upgraded" to a Note 3 and it has the same issue..

I'd say its your car (if this is the bluetooth device in question). What happens when you turn the volume up in the car or the device itself?

Certain apps are somewhat quiet in my car with a Note 3 (was the same with the Note 2, so I know its the car), requiring me to turn up the car stereo volume, whereas my wife is having no issues with her S3 in her car.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

built in Bluetooth device in my RAM 1500 truck.. volume on the bluetooth device (and the phone) is all the way up. I'll try it with another Bluetooth device tomorrow..
    BUT.... like I said.. notifications over Bluetooth are LOUD (like the call volume "used" to be before the Android update on my S4)... it's just in call audio and media audio that are low.

I'm thinking Samsung changed something in the new updates regarding bluetooth volume.

You're probably right. Samsung's system updates have been very problematic lately. You might want to look into downgrading back to the previous OS version.

I have found the following about this issue:

1) The bluetooth audio seems to permanently decrease in volume if calls are received while listening to A2DP audio. Each decrease is small but they accumulate.

2) Volume adjustments and volume apps don't seem to reset this problem.

3) Rooting the phone does solve this problem for weeks or months (until you receive enough calls while listening to A2DP).

I have not yet found a solution for this issue outside rooting.

I have the same issue

Without rooting my phone, is there a way to increase the volume (output)?

I connect the phone in my car via Bluetooth, listen to Pandora, Slacker, etc. and the volume is very low. All slides are cranked up, as is the volume button. Still low

Any help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Bmilano3161 View Post
    I have the same issue

Without rooting my phone, is there a way to increase the volume (output)?

I connect the phone in my car via Bluetooth, listen to Pandora, Slacker, etc. and the volume is very low. All slides are cranked up, as is the volume button. Still low

Any help is appreciated

I've had the same problem for a while as well and just sorted it today.
    I went to bluetooth settings unpaired all my devices, turned off bluetooth then turned it back on reconnected a device, went to settings for that device and made sure both media audio and call audio were both checked. All is hunky dory now. Hope this helps
    Nb I have not rooted my phone or used any other than the originally installed apps

I do not wish to root either. Have Note 2 and same issues. Did the unpair / pairing thing. Also checked both call and media. Same crap. The narrator on the bluetooth is crisp and loud. Yet the calls are way too low. Have searched for hours for a fix or patch with no luck. The only thing is the rooted gain file or in a Euro model it seems they can access a service menu that all codes I have tried with my US Verizon i605 have failed. Hey Samsung, how about a patch to fix this problem? I'm a big boy and can control my own volume settings. Or maybe, beings that I am a driver by trade. I'll just start sending you the tickets I compile for using a phone because you wont let me increase my own bluetooth volume. Oh, and I have tried 3 different devices. So, it's your phone.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,439 Global Posts

I have all of the latest updates on my Note 3, and I use at least 6-7 different BT devices, which are all paired to my phone, and I don't have this issue...

I don't use Bluetooth for anything except calling - so perhaps it does have something to do with the A2DP media over Bluetooth...as was suggested above.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.

I'm having a similar issue on my Note 4 and also had it on my s4... I really love my Note but I'm sick and tired of all these effing issues!!!!! When listening to Bluetooth audio in my car or on my headset the volume drops dramatically if a text notification or phone call is received while listening to audio via Bluetooth HOWEVER my devices volume is restored if I simply send myself a text.. Smh.
    So basically when I receive a notification while listening the volume is reduced and another notification restores the volume... And WiFi still effing sucks on this phone!!! It's always loosing a connection my s4 did the same... There are some work arounds but that only solves my problem when I'm at home!!