Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Anyone scratch their screen, yet?

I'm thinking about removing mine because I'm having a hard time sketching with it on. I wanted to know if the screen gets easily scratched or not?

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-08-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Default Re: Anyone scratch their screen, yet?

Nope, I invested in a iLoome Tempered Glass screen protector
    Thanked by:

Holds up well until sand, pavement or paws.
    Thanked by:

I just switched to my Note 3 from the iPhone. Ever since the glass got better and sturdier on phones nowadays I don't use a protector.

I've always sold my phones for top dollar when I upgrade. I always keep them in a case and take care of them. No throwing it in purse or pockets with keys and other debris....my screens have always looked flawless!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jelliebean82 View Post
    I just switched to my Note 3 from the iPhone. Ever since the glass got better and sturdier on phones nowadays I don't use a protector.

I've always sold my phones for top dollar when I upgrade. I always keep them in a case and take care of them. No throwing it in purse or pockets with keys and other debris....my screens have always looked flawless!

Hi jelliebean from another jellybeaner. Lol
    Thank you for the tip. I'm going to find another case that covers everything and then I'll remove my screen protector. I draw a lot on my phone and it's amazing. I came from the iPhone and had about every generation that came out. But the Note is out of this world. If I still had the iPhone, I wouldn't be able to draw and get creative.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    This is what I'm using. Feels like there isn't a screen protector. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    spencerdl likes this.

I've had mine a month, no scratches. I never use screen protectors on any phones and never have a problem. That's one reason I make sure my phones are made with Gorilla Glass. YMMV.

Posted via T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:

I've had mine for about 5 months and until this week i haven't noticed any scratches. Now there is two quite long scratches at the top of the screen, but they are invisible if you don't know they are there.

I have never had any scratches on my devices, including iPod touch, iPad, several kindles and now my note3... My last phone - a Nokia - I didn't even have a case for, but it wasn't scratched either... I have tried many times to use screen protectors, because they recommended I buy them, but I could never put them on without lots of air bubbles...

No screen protector on my GN3. I do have one on my Xoom tablet that is only there for it's anti-reflective ability because I use it as my music and lyric folder on stage.

I hope to never personally know what it takes to break or scratch the screen of my GN3!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Thor v14.2

I keep hearing people complain about bubbles and screen protectors. Here's my issue: I bought a zagg screen protector when I picked up my Note 3 from best buy. After putting it on, I have no bubbles at all, but it gives a weird look to the screen (creates a sort of false pixelation almost) and it feels like plastic. I ordered three different glass protectors from amazon today and they'll hopefully be in sometime next week. Now I'm wondering if I should just keep the zagg on it since there's absolutely no bubbles, or risk bubbles with one of the glass protectors. ah the decisions one has to make with a new phone!

Almost impossible to get bubbles with a glass screen protector. If you put on zagg with no issues, you will love your glass screen protector. They protect your screen and look flawless doing it. Glass will look and feel like you didn't put on a screen protector.

Thanked by:
    smhism 

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    I'm thinking about removing mine because I'm having a hard time sketching with it on. I wanted to know if the screen gets easily scratched or not?

You want to remove your glass screen protector? I can draw anything with my glass screen protector, not that I can draw something that resembles art, I put on my glass protection and forget its there until the topic comes up!

I honestly did not realize glass was so drastically different. I always used screen protectors, never had the bubble issue, but would get frustrated with the texture and how it limited what I could do on my screen.

Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

I always hated screen protectors because they made the display look like crap, but I go to the beach quite a bit and got some minor scratches on my GS3 from a couple grains of sand. Read a lot about tempered glass screen protectors and decided to give it a go on my note 3. Changed my life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bashers View Post
    You want to remove your glass screen protector? I can draw anything with my glass screen protector, not that I can draw something that resembles art, I put on my glass protection and forget its there until the topic comes up!

I honestly did not realize glass was so drastically different. I always used screen protectors, never had the bubble issue, but would get frustrated with the texture and how it limited what I could do on my screen.

I have the glass screen protector. I have a problem with my stylus not being able to move when sketching. When trying to make light strokes or shadings, the stylus doesn't respond at times and I'm sure it's the protector. It can be annoying. I spend a lot of time drawing and creating Anime.

syam3343 likes this.

The biggest incidence of scratching seemed to come from use of the Samsung S-view case. From user reports, those scratches were to the oleophobic coating and not the glass itself.

Since scratches to the coating still look like hell, and GG can't prevent them, I stayed with a glass protector.

Luckily, I'm not at all artistically gifted, so I haven't had reason to notice any subtle s-pen issues. For my purposes, the protector has had zero impact on the limited use I've made of the s-pen.

I have the glass screen protector. I have a problem with my stylus not being able to move when sketching. When trying to make light strokes or shadings, the stylus doesn't respond at times and I'm sure it's the protector. It can be annoying. I spend a lot of time drawing and creating Anime.

You just became one of my favorite people on this forum.

My screen names should always read "Anime Fanatic"

Thanked by:
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.

Hey how is that? I just ordered one for my G2. Should be here Tuesday.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Global Posts
    6,324 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Note 3: Anyone scratch their screen, yet?

It seems like the Note 3 is valuable enough to justify a screen protector, maybe tempered glass?

{iRiidium} Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    Hey how is that? I just ordered one for my G2. Should be here Tuesday.

ಠ益ಠ
    Outstanding, I can't even tell there is a protector on....HIGHLY recommended
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,324 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

This.

{iRiidium} Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Live long and prosper.

The only available version for my phone was their new "flex" model. Is that what yours it? Was it difficult to put on?

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    The only available version for my phone was their new "flex" model. Is that what yours it? Was it difficult to put on?

ಠ益ಠ
    Very EASY to put on, but you have to take you time and line everything up. I did some pratice tries with the plastic still on and cleaned the screen to the MAX. I purchased the 9H...its not flex, it's the hard one. The screen protector did most of the work once applied. Just press for ten seconds in the middle
    Thanked by:

Have my memi ghost glass on and works flawless. No screen issues as far as operations. The ghost glass still looks brand new,, it does not scratch.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Hi jelliebean from another jellybeaner. Lol
    Thank you for the tip. I'm going to find another case that covers everything and then I'll remove my screen protector. I draw a lot on my phone and it's amazing. I came from the iPhone and had about every generation that came out. But the Note is out of this world. If I still had the iPhone, I wouldn't be able to draw and get creative.

I love my Note so much! Not missing my iPhone at all...I love not having a screen protector because bare screen is so much more fun 😊 I do however pick a case that has a small lip on the front side to protect the screen if it were to drop.!!

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast