Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Beyond Fire
  • 1 Post By Alain_A
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I have a Note 3 and Windows Phone 520 in trial for the wife....How come.....

the Windows Phone received the Google email before the note 3?

Both phone were on Wi-Fi with no Sim in it....I would of expected that the note 3 received it before..

So is that mean the windows phone better than the note? of course minus the pen window...

the note is on push and window phone on 15 min..
    Last edited by Alain_A; 03-08-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Default Re: I have a Note 3 and Windows Phone 520 in trial for the wife....How come.....

Long answer is "Messages are literally instant in Opera Mail set up with IMAP on my PC, on all portable devices it may take until the next refresh cycle or even longer."

(post edited by mod)
    Last edited by dpham00; 03-08-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Actually, I wouldn't entirely call this trollbait (overlooking the push vs 15 pull and is the win phone better) - my Note 3 gets most of my mail a bit later than my iPhone 5s does (this covers Gmail, Hotmail and work Exchange).

Sometimes the difference is around 10 seconds, sometimes close to a minute.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Default Re: I have a Note 3 and Windows Phone 520 in trial for the wife....How come.....

Didn't you guys hear? In the smartphone world the phones that gets email the fastest is the best 😏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gator352 and Spencerdl like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Relgoshan View Post

Long answer is "Messages are literally instant in Opera Mail set up with IMAP on my PC, on all portable devices it may take until the next refresh cycle or even longer."

(post edited by mod)
    call it what you want ...the fact remain true...the 520 had received the email first and 30 minutes later the note received the same email..
    Last edited by dpham00; 03-08-2014 at 01:29 AM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by DrSavant View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't entirely call this trollbait (overlooking the push vs 15 pull and is the win phone better) - my Note 3 gets most of my mail a bit later than my iPhone 5s does (this covers Gmail, Hotmail and work Exchange).

Sometimes the difference is around 10 seconds, sometimes close to a minute.

today, to me it was 30 minutes after.......which is quite a bit strange considering the note is on push...

Unless Android got more email to handle than microsoft

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    Didn't you guys hear? In the smartphone world the phones that gets email the fastest is the best ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never heard of that one....but who knows!!!!

Post has been edited. Please post in a polite manner per the community guidelines in my signature .

I also get messages quicker on my ipad than on my note 3. I'm not bothered though as there isn't a huge difference between the two.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    I also get messages quicker on my ipad than on my note 3. I'm not bothered though as there isn't a huge difference between the two.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Ditto, mine will show up on my ipad firstly, then my note. Like you there isn't a huge difference so it doesn't bother me at all.

To me a half hour isn't a big deal - if it was a half day or more then that would be different.

Ever since I bought my Note 3 my iPad usage has gone way down. Thus by default I get my messages faster on my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    Ditto, mine will show up on my ipad firstly, then my note. Like you there isn't a huge difference so it doesn't bother me at all.

To me a half hour isn't a big deal - if it was a half day or more then that would be different.

To me it makes a difference, because I like to hunt for deals and use deal alerts on other websites. A few minutes can mean the difference between getting and missing a deal. For example, I was paid $9 ar to take a Sony Blu Ray player. Had I been 1 minute later, I would have missed the deal.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    the Windows Phone received the Google email before the note 3?

Both phone were on Wi-Fi with no Sim in it....I would of expected that the note 3 received it before..

So is that mean the windows phone better than the note? of course minus the pen window...

the note is on push and window phone on 15 min..
    I have an iphone, a galaxy and a lumia 920. I can say windows phone is the best phone ever. Very smooth, no lags, it has a decent app store, the best camera, emails work perfectly and soon we are going to have new things with the new windows phone 8.1 coming in april.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post

I agree. Must of the time its junk anyway!

Posted from my Galaxy Note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettle View Post
    Ever since I bought my Note 3 my iPad usage has gone way down. Thus by default I get my messages faster on my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    I actually gave up my ipad altogether, when I had the Note 2 with the 3 it was a given, but now I'm getting an ipad mini retina - the Note started annoying me in a few spots

Lets just try this again. Set up BOTH Email and GMail to the same account on your Note 3. Observe whether they exhibit a notable delay in mail retrieval of equal measure, or if one seems better to receive messages.

I still hold little regard for the merit of the opening question, but I agree it was not necessary to rise up with closed hand.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Ok, I found the problem....Somehow the Master Sync was disable.....All good now.....Receiving mail less than a minute.

Never thought to check this one..
    Gator352 likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by angy ortiz View Post
    I have an iphone, a galaxy and a lumia 920. I can say windows phone is the best phone ever. Very smooth, no lags, it has a decent app store, the best camera, emails work perfectly and soon we are going to have new things with the new windows phone 8.1 coming in april.
    I read about that....looking forward to that to see what will be new.....again this morning my note 3 is acting up.....when I turned on both phone the lumia had received the gmail first again even though the master sync is on....

So I may spoke too soon yesterday saying all was good for the note......

I would do the smart thing and only have the note3, it works like a phone and a tablet and best of all.... I get my e mails first all the time! Crazy, I know!

Posted via AC App via note 3
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilkins View Post
    I would do the smart thing and only have the note3, it works like a phone and a tablet and best of all.... I get my e mails first all the time! Crazy, I know!

Posted via AC App via note 3
    i know that is what I had for the longest period of time...then i had to buy a cheap second phone for work which brought me to buy the lumia 520, pay as you go..I bought the note for its screen estate cause I always was on the road and it was kind of fun watching movie on it.

Now I am not on the road anymore and my wife could use the lumia...that is why I am testing it for her....she is not a tech savy... I need to set up that phone for her.

On the other hand , it gives me a chance to look at something different...The Note it is very snappy.....And I have come to realize that the Note has an identity crisis..it (Note) doesn't know if it's a Samsung or google phone...too many customization..I'd say the note should be either pure Samsung or google not both.