Veteran Note owner. 1, 2 and now 3!

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey fellow Note Fantantics!

Like I said in title, i'm a veteran Samsung Note series owner who's now the proud daddy of a a new sexa black Note 3 after switching to T-Mobile from AT&T last night. Was a Verizon customer for many years way back but after finding out they were never gonna get the Note 1 that I had to absolutely have to have, I ditched em and went to AT&T in my home state and freaking fell in love with the Note series, never missed my Droid X ever again after that.

Lost my Note 1 to a bathtub screw up *still cringe in dreams* and with no insurance, had to pay a chunk to get a new plan and Note 2 with AT&T, and all was good.

Until I moved last year and my Note 2 started to act up with RIGHT AFTER the warranty ended and I cancelled my square trade warranty during my moving chaos *sigh.....* Neither Samsung nor AT&T would help me even though it was less then a month past warranty. AT&T then started to really tick me off with billing and costs and just flat out rude store workers.

Been hearing about T-mobiles shaking things up in the industry and mostly for good reasons. Old homestate didnt' have any coverage but my new town of Seattle has got plenty of pink out here, so after thinking about it, I went and did my research, saw their deal about paying off AT&T cancel fee's and with my Note 2 getting worse each week, I decided to go for it.

Being a good boy got a lovely 32gig Note 3 with no money up front and my new job nets me a 15% discount on my bill so I added Jump! in case I have to have the Note 4 right away and I get insurance on top of it I'm now on da pink side with my black and i'm loving it!! After having 2 white notes, and really not liking that strange "diamond mesh" pattern on the Note 3's white, I went for the professional brushed black.

Now I just gotta decide on a case to protect this thing... Spigen Slim Armor or Neo Hybrid. Had a Commuter on my Note 2, and it was good but i'm tired of such a bulky case and don't want to go through that again. Think im gonna get another Spigen Oelphophica screen protector though, I liked the one on my Note 2.

Kittys love Notes!
6lU4hbt.jpg

So glad I didn't go white again!
JSlL3rV.jpg

Yes, be jealous of my works bandwith lol!
rirF22U.jpg

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
No thanks to my OCD, i've been going back and forth trying to decide on what case to get my new sexa Black Note 3 after having a white Note 1 and 2, I was simply "whited" out lol.

I had a commuter for my Note 2 and it was a real good case but the colors for the note 3 commuter suck, i'm so sick of white and I wanted something with less bulk and weight.

Spigen has really recommended but I simply couldn't decide wether to go slim armor or NEO, so I finally just said screw it and ordered both lol! Plus, Amazon has 15% off certain spigen items shipped together so I really got 30% off and I'm trying amazon prime so I got free 2 day shipping! Happy friday indeed!!

pxHhfZ7.jpg

LQSQlFu.jpg

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Right deep breaths and relax lol no you enjoy the fresh phone experience and I must say a great choice. I love my Note 3 for many reasons but the main being it's just that dam good.

Enjoy have fun and enjoy your cases when they arrive. I happen to like the naked look, I do have a case for my Nexus 5 though.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My issue with the slim armor is that it cracks right above the volume button.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very nice sir and welcome! I wish I did go black but I went with a white Note.... Oh well. I'll change it up with the Note 4 :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Very nice sir and welcome! I wish I did go black but I went with a white Note.... Oh well. I'll change it up with the Note 4 :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

I have black but my note 1 was white. I went with black because I thought the faux leather looked better in black. For the past 2 years all my devices have been white, so having a black phone is still taking some getting used to.

Glad you are enjoying your new note.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
ConGrats on the BLACK Note3 and Welcome to Android Central. I luv my Black G'Note3 as well...The Kitty knows ....SMILE

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
No thanks to my OCD, i've been going back and forth trying to decide on what case to get my new sexa Black Note 3 after having a white Note 1 and 2, I was simply "whited" out lol.

I had a commuter for my Note 2 and it was a real good case but the colors for the note 3 commuter suck, i'm so sick of white and I wanted something with less bulk and weight.

Spigen has really recommended but I simply couldn't decide wether to go slim armor or NEO, so I finally just said screw it and ordered both lol! Plus, Amazon has 15% off certain spigen items shipped together so I really got 30% off and I'm trying amazon prime so I got free 2 day shipping! Happy friday indeed!!

http://i.imgur.com/pxHhfZ7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LQSQlFu.jpg

Why limit yourself to one case. I have 12 now and I change case depending on my mood. Lol

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently got the note 3 about a week ago and its a BEAST of a phone. I dont think i could go to a smaller screen size and im a fan of samsungs so my next upgrade will be the note 4 :)

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I am noticing this thing runs warm compared to my Note 2, even during basic usage like texting and web surfing. Also, is it just me or does it take more force for the S pen to work on the screen vs the Note 2?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From regular use, taking it off and on or what?

Taking it off, it just cracked. I asked for a replacement, they sent me one, and it had a crack in the identical spot right out of the bag.

There was a thread on this, others experienced the same problem

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I am noticing this thing runs warm compared to my Note 2, even during basic usage like texting and web surfing. Also, is it just me or does it take more force for the S pen to work on the screen vs the Note 2?

My N3 runs cooler than my N2. If the S Pen to is giving you problems, you can change the nib. I'm with Sprint and got a variety of pen nibs with a pair of plastic tweezers in with my phone. But I still have the original on the pen. Maybe it's your screen protector? If you have one, that is. 😊

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463