Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By conanheath
  • 1 Post By DrSavant
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Uk Note 3: Battery barely lasts a day

Hi guys I've got a uk note 3, and the past month or so the battery life doesn't seem to be that good, read about most guys on here can get over a day without any problem, but for some strange reason I barely make it the full day. The only thing I do is go on Facebook every so often and whatsapp and that's about it. This morning, I unplugged my phone around 9am and went on Facebook for a few mins and it dropped by 2percent.

Planning to buy a aftermarket battery with a bigger mah to see how it goes, but don't want to change my back cover so I can for the battery. Any suggestions what I should do?

Default Re: Uk note 3 barely last a day

Investigate. Signal strength, screen time and an app doing a lot of background services and/or hung up are the three biggest battery hogs I've seen in the forums. Go to your battery stats and see if something is using a lot of battery. Screen will usually be the highest. Also if you select the chart it will bring up signal, awake time, gps and a couple more so you can get an idea of any issues. Search the forums. There are many battery threads with many suggestions.

Posted via Android Central App
    anon8380037 and Spencerdl like this.

I'd you have a weak data signal you use more battery in addition to running a little hot. Is your phone ever hot?

Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk

I rooted my Note 3 for this reason.....now getting on average 17 hours AWAKE time as opposed to the 7-8 hours before rooting.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Install GSAM Battery monitor and Wakelock detector, let your phone run unplugged until a low battery, and see what causes this.

anon8380037 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Just a quick update guys.

I manage to pick up a genuine Samsung battery last week and so far I've not notice any changes.
    I unplugged the phone at 9 today and at 16.00 it's sitting at 58% surely the there's something draining the battery. Uk Note 3: Battery barely lasts a day-image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iain555 View Post

I manage to pick up a genuine Samsung battery last week and so far I've not notice any changes.
    I unplugged the phone at 9 today and at 16.00 it's sitting at 58% surely the there's something draining the battery. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	633.1 KB 
ID:	108416
    What's your screen time?

Default Re: Uk Note 3: Battery barely lasts a day

I'm sorry to here but I'm on 11 hours of heavy use still have 54% juice left and that's 1/4 brightness level

You can take screenshots of all your settings pages, just wipe over any personal account email and IMEI number.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Hi guys... I gave up in the end and decided to factory reset my phone. And now the battery is lasting around a day and a half. Very pleased. Thank you guys ever so much

You phone dropping 2% when taking it off charge is normal to me.. Mine does that without using it sometimes. Just means if you let it drop to 1% it lasts longer then

Quote Originally Posted by iain555 View Post

I unplugged the phone at 9 today and at 16.00 it's sitting at 58% surely the there's something draining the battery. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	633.1 KB 
ID:	108416
    You think that's bad? it's not if you are using it Abit

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    You phone dropping 2% when taking it off charge is normal to me.. Mine does that without using it sometimes. Just means if you let it drop to 1% it lasts longer then
    Do you mean let it get to 1% before charging it again? As I find the dame problem. (UK NOTE 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bailey79 View Post
    Do you mean let it get to 1% before charging it again? As I find the dame problem. (UK NOTE 3)
    Yeah I've found having it on 1% it lasts the time it round of done at 100% I feel

Usually clearing the ram and or restarting helps batteries. Android runs an absurd amount of background tasks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk