Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetdude View Post
    Nice! although gonna have to wait for the prices to drop a bit as other brands get released. I snagged my 64GB for $22 ( genuine Sandisk Ultra) on a SD last fall so $120 for 128GB is a bit steep at the moment. That sure is nice for those who want to carry a lot of video with them - for me ~50GB of music and a few other things is plenty.
    It's going to be a while before they really drop considering they started at $200 and Amazon had the $129 as an early discount.

I'm rocking mine right now. Now I just need to find something to fill it with. Maybe I can store every telephone number on the planet.....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for this to become available on Amazon UK.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Live Long and Prosper!

This makes it more imperative to backup frequently. Coming from photography, I've always found it unnerving to trust the largest data storing device, especially when it's newly released. It's keeping all of your fragile eggs in one rickety basket.

Obviously, backing up is important whether you have 16 or 128. Sadly, many of us forget to back up until it's too late. We are always getting around to it. When you lose 16 gigs, it's bad enough. When you lose 128, it can be tragic.

This is a PSA reminding owners of 128 gig cards that they should probably back up more often even though backing up the first time with a pretty full card will save a lot of data in and of itself. Still, for a technology that's probably reaching its physical limits and could be slightly more prone to crashing (note the qualification there, I'm not making any claims per se), I would be extra vigilant.

monsieurms and sarkycow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    I'm waiting for this to become available on Amazon UK.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    You can't order from Amazon.com and ask them to ship it to you? I've purchased from Amazon.UK many times and had them ship to me and I live in friggin Texas.....
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teleburst View Post
    This makes it more imperative to backup frequently. Coming from photography, I've always found it unnerving to trust the largest data storing device, especially when it's newly released. It's keeping all of your fragile eggs in one rickety basket.

Obviously, backing up is important whether you have 16 or 128. Sadly, many of us forget to back up until it's too late. We are always getting around to it. When you lose 16 gigs, it's bad enough. When you lose 128, it can be tragic.

This is a PSA reminding owners of 128 gig cards that they should probably back up more often even though backing up the first time with a pretty full card will save a lot of data in and of itself. Still, for a technology that's probably reaching its physical limits and could be slightly more prone to crashing (note the qualification there, I'm not making any claims per se), I would be extra vigilant.

I've been burned by Sandisk on more than one occasion. One of the reasons I still ask myself why I went down this path. Ultimately, I've decided that I can't get too attached to anything stored on ANY media. Ask me about my awesome mixed tapes of the 80s (if you're old enough to know what a Cassette Tape is). What I've thus decided to do with many of my more precious media files is save them in multiple locations.

I've got cassettes from the 70s.

Madd54 likes this.

I've got cassettes from the 70s.

I have a walkman I'll sell you, it even has a 3 band equalizer on the cover!! haha....I should probably start throwing stuff away.....

I've got a Tascam, 122 mk3, but thanks. This one:

http://www.google.com/search?q=casse...qN5nxAaWVJM%3A

sarkycow likes this.

Bump...

Everybody ok with their 128s in Note 3s?

Just checking..

Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4/16gb/Black/64gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

Sennheiser M2 Wireless
    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    74, old, dirty and fast!!

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Yup. No problems at all. Love the extra space.
    monsieurms likes this.

I've got a Tascam, 122 mk3, but thanks. This one:

http://www.google.com/search?q=casse...qN5nxAaWVJM%3A

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I have a walkman I'll sell you, it even has a 3 band equalizer on the cover!! haha....I should probably start throwing stuff away.....
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27282732

Tape storage is making advances. Hold on to those.

My car has one as standard!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    Exaggerating since 756 BC
    sarkycow likes this.

Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

Looks like the sky is still falling Google is trying to build apathy in the Android eco-system as far as micro sd. They want all users to be blind lemmings using the data mining, content monitoring cloud.

Omg its so expensive :< 128gb for 171 dollars here in Australia

Posted from my phone

THHHHEEE NOOTTTEE 3
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    Bump...

Just checking..
    Still going strong

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Hody! I see you have a Harman/Kardon BT. So do I. Great. One slight problem I have is that the wire slack I have on my left sound can is somehow getting shorter with each use (its getting added to the right can's slack... transferring... or pulling through the springy cushion connected to the headband. I tried drawing out some wire to add to left side... but... feels tied down solid. I've applied quite a bit of force, still not much correction. I'm sure this was not the way the slacks were balanced when I got this BT about a fortnight back. So, I should've been able to pull the wire back. The situation now is that, the ever diminishing slack on the left is pulling the wire taut at it's entry into the can... too taut. Anymore maybe damaging. What's your advice?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123