Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    I bought the Sandisk 128gb microSDXC card from Amazon.com for $120. Installed it and so far everything looks OK. I just started to load it up.



    Attachment 107302

    128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!-uploadfromtaptalk1394371511779.jpg128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!-uploadfromtaptalk1394371555366.jpg

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by 3:
    Spencerdl likes this.
  2. #2  
    msndrstood's Avatar

    Posts
    1,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    That's good to know! I mainly use the SD card for pictures, videos and music so this works for me! Thanks for being the guinea pig, 😆

    Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

    Sent via Note 2
  3. #3  

    Default

    Cheers for trying and reporting back many Note 3 owners will be happy to hear this news :-)

    I will now be making my purchase this is really good to know :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Thanks for sharing this. I'll be getting one too now that I know it works.

    Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Live Long and Prosper!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Great news, thanks. Mine is arriving on Tuesday.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    Haalcyon's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,932 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,917 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Did we have have any doubt that the beast of a phablet would handle a beast of a micro SD card? That's rhetorical of course. Good news for the storage needy!


    {iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 
  7. #7  
    roninksb's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    when did you make your order? I have been looking at this card for the last week and it has been on backorder and listed as shipping in 4 to 6 weeks. I have been thinking about putting in an order anyway because I now that, sometimes, Amazon gets stock in and ships earlier on items listed as backordered.

    Thanks.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by roninksb View Post
    when did you make your order? I have been looking at this card for the last week and it has been on backorder and listed as shipping in 4 to 6 weeks. I have been thinking about putting in an order anyway because I now that, sometimes, Amazon gets stock in and ships earlier on items listed as backordered.

    Thanks.
    Ordered on 2/25,got it Yesterday.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  9. #9  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I bought the Sandisk 128gb microSDXC card from Amazon.com for $120. Installed it and so far everything looks OK. I just started to load it up.



    Attachment 107302

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394371511779.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	107303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394371555366.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	228.2 KB 
ID:	107304

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    IMO, when you load it up passed 64gb, that will be the proof that it works.

    Samsung Galaxy Note 4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card (Batman)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4/32gb/Black/128gb SD Card
    Samsung Galaxy Gear S Black(Robin)

    Sennheiser M2 Wireless
    Sony MDR 1RBTMK2
    Harman Kardon BT
    FiiO X5 2nd Gen
    FiiO E18 Dac/Amp
    74, old, dirty and fast!!
  10. #10  
    roninksb's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Ordered on 2/25,got it Yesterday.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks. When you ordered, did it indicate an anticipated shipping time? Right now it says "within 4 to 6 weeks". Just curious if you received yours within the estimated timeframe or sooner.
  11. #11  
    JimSmith94's Avatar

    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    In case you don't know yet, 4.4 KitKat messes up reading and writing to the external SDcard unless you're rooted and can modify platform.xml. I wish I could go back to 4.3 Jelly Bean.
    f1nzup likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    If you come across a read/write speed test app that has been updated to work, let me know please. I'm supposed to be testing one and it's hard when none of the developers have updated their apps for KitKat.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  13. #13  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    In case you don't know yet, 4.4 KitKat messes up reading and writing to the external SDcard unless you're rooted and can modify platform.xml. I wish I could go back to 4.3 Jelly Bean.
    Messed up = fixed a glaring security hole that allowed any app to write to any folder on an entire partition.

    The same people were saying the same sky-is-falling nonsense when 4.1 changed how SD cards were treated, yet developers updated their apps and all was well.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    If you come across a read/write speed test app that has been updated to work, let me know please. I'm supposed to be testing one and it's hard when none of the developers have updated their apps for KitKat.
    What is the best speed test app for 4.3?

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!-uploadfromtaptalk1394392029797.jpg

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by:
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    What is the best speed test app for 4.3?

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    LOL. I dunno. I just tried them all, and they all hang trying to write a file to the SD card because they haven't been updated for the new API

    Dude, please keep posting screenshots here. My N3 is on KitKat, and I can use your results for the blog post.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  17. #17  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    Thanks for the info. Now I know what Mods are for....SMILE
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Hildenbrand View Post
    LOL. I dunno. I just tried them all, and they all hang trying to write a file to the SD card because they haven't been updated for the new API

    Dude, please keep posting screenshots here. My N3 is on KitKat, and I can use your results for the blog post.
    Sure thing. One of the "Advantages" of being on Verizon is that more apps are updated before a version update is pushed, since Verizon usually is one of the last to update

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Sansung Galaxy S3
  19. #19  
    JimSmith94's Avatar

    Posts
    556 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1394392029797.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	107329

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    This SD Card Tester crashes when I try to start it on my Sprint Note 3 on stock 4.4 KitKat.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
    This SD Card Tester crashes when I try to start it on my Sprint Note 3 on stock 4.4 KitKat.
    They all do.

    Apps need updated with the new API to write sequential files on KitKat, and none of the developers seem to have done so yet.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  21. #21  
    anon8126715's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    753 Posts

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Sure thing. One of the "Advantages" of being on Verizon is that more apps are updated before a version update is pushed, since Verizon usually is one of the last to update

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Sansung Galaxy S3
    The problem though is once Verizon decides they want to update you, they force it down your throat. Oh and damn you for stealing my thunder!! I bet you saw my thread about it didn't you? I would've had the card by Friday, but alas I'm not home to play with it.....Damn you anyways!!! THUNDER STEALER!!!
  22. #22  
    FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    822 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the note 3!

    I only use an 8GB card, because that's enough for me...but was always curious as to the impact on battery with higher capacity cards. There's more work to be done indexing, searching etc...
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    Quote Originally Posted by cehowardNote3 View Post
    IMO, when you load it up passed 64gb, that will be the proof that it works.
    Filled to the brim! 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!-uploadfromtaptalk1394425252700.jpg



    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
  24. #24  

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    How do you fill up 120 GB...?
  25. #25  
    FBA
    FBA is offline
    FBA's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    822 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

    Default Re: 128gb microSDXC card works on the Note 3!

    Lots of HD Porn! LOL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lost "navigate home" on Moto X with update to 4.4.2
    By Puzzlegal in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 09:48 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
  3. Multi window on my Galaxy S 4 Active doesn't work ...
    By jpinto in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 12:18 AM
  4. Moto X: The "navigate home" feature via lockscreen
    By eric002 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 11:01 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2014, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions