- 241 Posts
wrong app opens for PDF
maybe you guys can help (probably not note 3 specific?) - android 4.3:
I downloaded an app ('white noise' build 5.6.1) and after that, opening a PDF file (from my downloaded files) opens the white noise app (file icon next to the file name in downloaded files is that of the white noise app). if I uninstall white noise, then try it, no app is associated and android says it can't open the file.
I can open the PDF no problem from pre-installed Polaris office, so the file is fine and so is at least one viewer.
I went into app manager, but white noise does not have any defaults associated with it.
not the end of the world, but would like to fix it if possible (or maybe it will fix in VZW kitkat upgrade).
I emailed the app developer but no reply.
any suggestions? not worth a factory reset for me though.
- 03-09-2014, 06:03 PM #2
- 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM #3
- 05-06-2014, 02:35 PM #4
Re: wrong app opens for PDF
A few other things to try:
1. Long press on the file in your file explorer and see if it gives you options of what to open with. If it does and one of the options is a program you want to use, make sure to choose "Always."
2. If #1 doesn't work, try installing a different file manager to see if it does.
3. If #2 doesn't work, try installing a PDF specific app, like adobe reader, and see if it will automatically set to PDFs to open there.
4. Try installing the problem program again and then going to it in app manager and clearing it's defaults. Then I would get rid of it again since that program, which I used to have on my phone as well several months ago, has no business associating pdf filetypes with itself and is poorly written in a number of ways.
- By tedbearclaw in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 26Last Post: 03-24-2014, 09:24 PM
- By Amphan ChiangMai in forum Developer Beta TestingReplies: 1Last Post: 03-09-2014, 03:14 PM
- By lucasbuck in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 0Last Post: 03-09-2014, 12:51 PM