Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FBA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can anyone get Bluetooth Voice Dialing to work with the Samsung S-View or Flip Case cover closed?

Hi Guys,

This is CRAZY! I have tried both the Samsung S-View and Flip Wallet cases with my Note 3, and neither allow me to use S-Voice when the case cover is closed. The "Hi Galaxy" voice request goes unanswered.

Also using a Bluetooth headset, the call button will only bring up the S-Voice prompt if the case is open. This is absurd. Does Samsung expect that no one will want to make a call with the phone in their pocket?

Does anyone have a workaround for this? Someone must have an app that allows S-Voice or Google Now to answer a Bluetooth/Voice request when the case cover is closed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Michael

Default Re: Can anyone get Bluetooth Voice Dialing to work with the Samsung S-View or Flip Case cover closed

Similar problem here with a Galaxy S5. I can pair it with my car audio, with or without car mode. The car phone mic button causes S-Voice to open but the car microphone is not connected so I can't issue commands... like Call. I can manually dial either on the phone or select a contact/favorite from the car and the call plays thru the car audio speaker and mic. But I can't voice dial. Voice dialing worked with my old HTC Thunderbolt POS but not with the Galaxy. I can't believe Samsung doesn't provide this capability. It's a deal breaker for me. If I can't get it to work I may go over to the dark side and get an iPhone.

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default Re: Can anyone get Bluetooth Voice Dialing to work with the Samsung S-View or Flip Case cover closed

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.

I solved the problem with voice dialing. Use VoiceButton. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...da.voicebutton
    My phone Samsun Galaxy NOTE (N 7000)
    For me is very easy to use program. Try setting can help you too.
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bentwing23 View Post
    Similar problem here with a Galaxy S5. I can pair it with my car audio, with or without car mode. The car phone mic button causes S-Voice to open but the car microphone is not connected so I can't issue commands... like Call. I can manually dial either on the phone or select a contact/favorite from the car and the call plays thru the car audio speaker and mic. But I can't voice dial. Voice dialing worked with my old HTC Thunderbolt POS but not with the Galaxy. I can't believe Samsung doesn't provide this capability. It's a deal breaker for me. If I can't get it to work I may go over to the dark side and get an iPhone.
    The solution in your case is this (works on my Note 3):

Disable S-Voice junkware in the application manager - which will cause the phone to use Google now instead. When the device is locked, and you press the "voice recognition or start" button on your in car Bluetooth device (or whatever it's called), it will bring up the Google Voice Dialer, which isn't as good as Google Now, but it does work. When the device is unlocked, it will pull up Google Now instead. S-Voice is a huge POS fail and I have the same issue as you do with the car mic not being connected for voice dial when using S-Voice. Makes you wonder if anyone at SamDung actually tests the junkware they produce.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    JimSmith94 likes this.

Neither Google now, google voice dialer, nor voice button will work with the s cover closed. Someone in another thread suggested the s for switch voice app, but that doesn't work either. I am flabbergasted that samsung made this item (which would otherwise be pretty cool) completely incompatible with using voice commands while the cover is closed. If I can't figure out a solution in the next couple of days, I'm going to return the s cover.

There is an app that works well with the cover closed, I used it extensively with my Galaxy S4 view cover. It also works with Galaxy S5 with the screen off.
    Klets Voice Control

The only issue is if you use Google Now with the "record audio through bluetooth if available" option enabled it force closes Klets. As long as you can live without Google Now working through your bluetooth the app is fantastic. It is the only thing that hasa worked with both the Galaxy S4 and S5 and with both a Bose Bluetooth earpiece and a Motorola Roadster 2 Blurtooth speakerphone.