Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eric Mazariegos
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sends text messages wrong

    It started several days ago. I sent text message to my friend and she answered me that she couldn't understand what I wrote, I was confused and checked the text whether I mistyped anything but everything was normal. Then she forwarded me a text message she received and it was nothing I sent to her, the text was completely different from what I wrote; you could say it was a mess with a snippets from my earlier conversations. when I scrolled up to see what exactly I sent, it was just what I wrote not what my friend received.
    So far it only occurred only twice and only one friend complained. Does anyone knows what is wrong with text messaging on my phone amd how can I fix it???

    Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 10:59 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by likuna View Post
    It started several days ago. I sent text message to my friend and she answered me that she couldn't understand what I wrote, I was confused and checked the text whether I mistyped anything but everything was normal. Then she forwarded me a text message she received and it was nothing I sent to her, the text was completely different from what I wrote; you could say it was a mess with a snippets from my earlier conversations. when I scrolled up to see what exactly I sent, it was just what I wrote not what my friend received.
    So far it only occurred only twice and only one friend complained. Does anyone knows what is wrong with text messaging on my phone amd how can I fix it???

    Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app
    Are you using emoji in your texts? That could possibly mess things up
    MarkJ1611 likes this.
  3. #3  
    arze176's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    I had this problem a while back on a different Samsung phone.
    My solution was to break down large messages into multiple instead of one.
    Or in this case maybe turn on the conversion feature to turn it into an mms if too large

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious
  4. #4  
    arze176's Avatar

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    Either that or delete old messages and clear cache from app settings

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    I kept having this exact problem with Handcent on my old HTC One X. I never managed to figure out what caused it, but I did experience some very weird behaviour with texts failing when I stored too many. I had over 1000 historical texts from a couple of people. When I set Handcent to automatically delete anything over 600 in an individual thread, the problem went away. Coincidentally, I haven't had any problems with malformed messages since. Worth a try?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Mazariegos View Post
    Are you using emoji in your texts? That could possibly mess things up
    Yeah , I use emoji in texts, but in those particular messages I haven't used any.

    Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post
    I had this problem a while back on a different Samsung phone.
    My solution was to break down large messages into multiple instead of one.
    Or in this case maybe turn on the conversion feature to turn it into an mms if too large

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    But the texts that were messed up weren't large. They weren't even 160 symbols worth...

    Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post
    Either that or delete old messages and clear cache from app settings

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_h#AC View Post
    I kept having this exact problem with Handcent on my old HTC One X. I never managed to figure out what caused it, but I did experience some very weird behaviour with texts failing when I stored too many. I had over 1000 historical texts from a couple of people. When I set Handcent to automatically delete anything over 600 in an individual thread, the problem went away. Coincidentally, I haven't had any problems with malformed messages since. Worth a try?
    OK, think that is a solution. I'll try deleting old conversations and see how it'll work. Thank you

    Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Samsung galaxy note 3 sends text messages wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by likuna View Post
    OK, think that is a solution. I'll try deleting old conversations and see how it'll work. Thank you
    Sadly, not a solution...I spoke too soon...

    I have had my Note 3 for 2 weeks. When I bought it I set up Handcent from scratch and didn't import any texts from my old mobile (although I do use the SMS Backup+ app to schedule sms backups to my Gmail account). Everything was fine until yesterday. I sent a text and the first few lines were ok, but the rest of the text I wrote was replaced by one I actually sent to this person in December last year! How on earth is that even possible? The original text isn't even on my new mobile and she'd deleted it from hers some time ago. On the Note 3, I currently have only around 250 sms messages listed for that person, so I am not convinced this is anything to do with numbers any more.

    Either Handcent has a serious bug and is somehow able to retain and retrieve (deleted) sms messages from months ago (even when they've never been on a new phone!) and corrupt new messages in order to include the old text, OR the problem is with the phone/sms app of the recipient - which is equally unlikely! The thing is, I've encountered this problem a number of times to probably 3 or 4 recipients. With the exception of one who has an iPhone, they are all Android users with different phones, different versions of Android and different sms apps running.

    Anyone else have a theory?

Similar Threads

  1. HELP HELP HELP - Ive tried everything to root and update firmware on my samsung galaxy s3 sph-l710
    By Adrienne Pena in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 03:13 PM
  2. 4.3 ROM on rooted Verizon Note 2
    By Thaxboyd in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 11:19 AM
  3. Mass texting on the Droid MAXX - HELP!!!!
    By Dale Sexton in forum Motorola Droid MAXX
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 08:02 PM
  4. Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3 and tethering/hotspot?
    By zuren in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions