Note 3 Case?

noihaveband

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone had experience with the Body Glove Shock Suit? Its Significantly cheaper than the otterbox defender case and I was wondering if anyone knew how it stacked up compared to the otterbox? I also like the design more than the otterbox. So is it worse, about the same, or more protective than the otterbox? Also, If you know of any cases as protective yet cheaper than the otterbox, please list them.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I personally like the Spigen neo hybrid cases. I don't think they protect as strong as the otter box or the body glove, but for the price and style they hold up really well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Trident Kraken case which provides similar protection as the otterbox defender. Was $20 on Newegg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

socacola

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid, reventon Yellow color. If you have the black note 3 + Neo Hybrid R Yellow = Awesome. Hands done best fitting, looking and protective case for this phone. It keeps the slim factor as well, while adding protection.

jmcu

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid, reventon Yellow color. If you have the black note 3 + Neo Hybrid R Yellow = Awesome. Hands done best fitting, looking and protective case for this phone. It keeps the slim factor as well, while adding protection.

+1
With their slim tR glass screen protector is a nice set up if you can install it with no dust getting under it......

Sent from my Note 3

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I went back and forth the last several days between trying out the sexy Spigen Slim Armor on my Note 3 and the tried and true Otterbox Commuter for the Note 3 as the Note 2 version saved my Note 2 from many drops and hard hits in the past . What was frustrating was that I didn't want the bulk anymore of the Commuter in comparison to the very sleek layout of the Spigen Slim Armor, however the Spigen is a freaking finger print magnet with the glossy polycarb and it would easily show scratches and dings vs the Commuter. I liked that the Commuter had the flaps to keep dirt and debris outa my USB and headphone jack but the Slim Armor just didn't feel as bulky as the commuter, which was a nice change.

All in all, the pro's and cons made it really tough to decide. But in the end, protection won over style so i'll be sticking with the Commuter and using Spigens oleophobicscreen protector along with it.

UfT3zva.jpg

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the Spigen Satin Silver Neo Hybrid form Amazon ($19.99). I already have an iLoome Tempered Glass screen protector. This case seems to be close to what I'm lookg for.

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried that out this weekend, I didn't like how it left the back of the Note 3 successtible to hard hits and very little raised screen edge. Also seems the plastic band would break with one good drop

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried that out this weekend, I didn't like how it left the back of the Note 3 successtible to hard hits and very little raised screen edge. Also seems the plastic band would break with one good drop

I'm going to give it a go. One good thing about Amazon ....returns are easy (smile)

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I had the slim armor, it's too thick. Then I got the neo hybrid, still pretty thick and much more slippery but very good looking

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will probably use the Spigen Neo as a weekend case. I'm currently using the Samsung S-View case as my everyday case. It has the professional look for the office environment.

kazmi

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I will probably use the Spigen Neo as a weekend case. I'm currently using the Samsung S-View case as my everyday case. It has the professional look for the office environment.

Any idea if the many smart flip cases (similar to the Samsung flip cases) on ebay work ok? Or is there a compatability issue? Sorry for the noobish question - am totally new to android and to the note 3. TIA!

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Any idea if the many smart flip cases (similar to the Samsung flip cases) on ebay work ok? Or is there a compatability issue? Sorry for the noobish question - am totally new to android and to the note 3. TIA!

Not sure about the similiar cases, but the Black Samsung S-View is/was on sale for $32 on Amazon (when I purchased it a couple of weeks ago). Welcome to Android Central...ENJOY
Edit; Just checked Amazon, the Black is $40 and the White is $33 (3/17/14)

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the Incipio Dualpro with a Verizon glass screen saver. I like it so far.
The Incipio is compact and has a nice feel!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Neo Hybrid with a white frame before the phone arrived. Also ordered a Black Terrapin black flip over case which arrived a few days later and have used this ever since (3 months). It will not be as good in a fall, but I love everything else about it. It's great looking, very slim, very hardwearing and has nice feeling cutouts. The hard frame is very well made.
I do use a Bluetooth a lot. It could be slower to answer a call than a body case and screen protector, but the lightly magnetised under strap is quick and easy to pull and uncover the screen. I would like it more if it was 3 - 4 times the ?4.95 it cost delivered.

Attachments

• 20140315_012035.jpg
    20140315_012035.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 49

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Neo Hybrid with a white frame before the phone arrived. Also ordered a Black Terrapin black flip over case which arrived a few days later and have used this ever since (3 months). It will not be as good in a fall, but I love everything else about it. It's great looking, very slim, very hardwearing and has nice feeling cutouts. The hard frame is very well made.
I do use a Bluetooth a lot. It could be slower to answer a call than a body case and screen protector, but the lightly magnetised under strap is quick and easy to pull and uncover the screen. I would like it more if it was 3 - 4 times the ?4.95 it cost delivered.

Do you have a photo with the case opened while the Note3 has the camera side face down?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a photo with the case opened while the Note3 has the camera side face down?
Umm. Sure. Need camera school though. :-\

When open you can keep the closure tab between the back and the cover.

Attachments

• Terr9.jpg
    Terr9.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Terr8.jpg
    Terr8.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Terr6.jpg
    Terr6.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Terr3.jpg
    Terr3.jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Terr4.jpg
    Terr4.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 44

Sonshine01

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the case in the link below. I had never heard of them but found it on Ebay and thought I would try it. I like it a lot! It fits the phone really tight so it won't fly out if dropped.It has a nice lip on the front and the camera is recessed for protection. It has a matte finish on the back so that is is not really slick in the hand plus the side grips help a lot with holding the phone.The power and volume buttons are kind of stiff to press but I am getting used to it and they do seem to be loosening up some so not quite as hard to push now. I also like the corner protection it offers. It is not bulky at all and doesn't add to much weight to the phone. On the back there are 3 tiny little nobs- one above the camera and two at the bottom on either side of he phone so that when you set your phone down it won't scratch the back of the case. It looks really good too!! I have the black one. The phone is a little hard to get out of the case since it fits so tight.I have tried several cases and have finally found one that I am happy with and plan on keeping.

PureGear - DualTek Extreme Shock Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo