Note 3: Dead screen, what to do?

Vince_Lux

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
To put it short, my Note 3 was mistreated majorly.:mad:
The case is broken near the S-pen and the screen is a little cracked.

When I start the Note 3 the screen remains black :'(, the options and return light up though and there is noise coming out when I push something or use the s-pen.:-\

1) Is there a way to get to known if repair will solve most of the issues? Seems to me a screen replace might do the trick.
2) Is there a way to recuperate data without the screen, like transfer the view to an other screen? I can not log in since I do not see what I?m doing now. Connection through USB gives nothing since it the phablet is not started.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dead screen, what to do?

I think the first thing I would do is contact Samsung and see what the process is for getting a repair estimate. I would not try to do the repairs on the phone myself as I might not get it just perfect.

4 of IV

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
MHL may let you output the display to a tv or external display device. That may not help much if the digitizer is damaged and you need to do input.

Replacing the screen may do it, but really depends on the damage. Probably need to take it somewhere so they can properly test it. You could quickly get into a scenario where you replace one thing and then another and another if it was treated bad enough.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site

Look on Ebay for a new display assembly.. there are two ways to fix it... One way is to get just the display assembly (costs around $180.00).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LCD-Touch-Digitizer-Display-Assembly-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-N900-N9005-White-/121277763253?pt=US_Cell_Phone_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item1c3cb7ceb5

the other is to get the whole bezel assembly with display already installed... it comes with the the glass, LED display and bezel all assembled.. all you need to do is swap your mainboard into the new assembly.
if you go with the second option, Make sure you get the right one for your carrier.. (they are all a little different)
the assembly costs around $240.00

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LCD Display Touch Screen Digitizer Home Button Frame | eBayLCD Touch Digitizer Display Assembly for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 N9005 Grey | eBay

Vince_Lux

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Thank you for the input, I will open it up to see the damage inside and I did find a local Samsung recommended repair center I?ll contact them. 280 is an OK price.

I was thinking to log in with an external keyboard.
1) First is unlock phone *phone is encrypted".
2) Not clear to me I believe unlock sim (memory card has same encrption code as phone)
3) Unlock screen.

Then I should be able to connect without confirmation on the screen?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
To put it short, my Note 3 was mistreated majorly.:mad:
The case is broken near the S-pen and the screen is a little cracked.

When I start the Note 3 the screen remains black :'(, the options and return light up though and there is noise coming out when I push something or use the s-pen.:-\

1) Is there a way to get to known if repair will solve most of the issues? Seems to me a screen replace might do the trick.
2) Is there a way to recuperate data without the screen, like transfer the view to an other screen? I can not log in since I do not see what I?m doing now. Connection through USB gives nothing since it the phablet is not started.

Not sure why no one thought to ask you if you had the insurance on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac