SanDisk 128 gb micro SD anyone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
According to wiki, 64 is the maximum compatibility.

Which was the maximum at the time it was released, so to play it safe, they only listed what they tested. But there is a good chance that recent phones will support it even if it isn't in the spec.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Do u guys think these SD cards get unstable the bigger they get? Or is that bs? I'd hate to get this thing and have it **** the bed after 3 months...like my 64gb did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Do u guys think these SD cards get unstable the bigger they get? Or is that bs? I'd hate to get this thing and have it **** the bed after 3 months...like my 64gb did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Buy it from Amazon. If it messes up Amazon will give you a refund or replacement.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Which was the maximum at the time it was released, so to play it safe, they only listed what they tested. But there is a good chance that recent phones will support it even if it isn't in the spec.

Good point.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I thought you successfully bought and proved this in a recent thread.

Nobody knows how much I don't know.
"All in the Best Possible Taste" via my Note 3 on AC

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought you successfully bought and proved this in a recent thread.

Nobody knows how much I don't know.
"All in the Best Possible Taste" via my Note 3 on AC

Correct, my thread is linked to above. That was just a general comment. Sometimes things can get finicky for different phones for some reason, especially with sd cards. I don't want to give a blanket statement saying it would work on such and such a phone without actually testing it.

However most devices in use today should be compatible

http://phandroid.com/2014/02/27/phones-that-work-with-sandisk-128gb-microsdxc-card/

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have it. It works perfectly.

I love having the extra storage.

Thanks for the confirmation. My 64 gb card still has some space but it's good to know I can get the 128 gb when I need it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll try some 4K video recording to the device a little later. I'm curious to see how well it can take that sort of data throughput.

It worked for me. 4k on the note 3 is around 6MB/s, and a class 10 should have 10MB/s. In my testing (screen shots in the thread linked to above), lowest I saw was 9.3MB/s

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It worked for me. 4k on the note 3 is around 6MB/s, and a class 10 should have 10MB/s. In my testing (screen shots in the thread linked to above), lowest I saw was 9.3MB/s

What were the temperatures like? I was mostly curious to see how hot the device would get with extended 4K recording. I figured the speed would be decent enough, given that I've recorded 4K on a 32 GB device before (I believe it was Class 10).

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
the n3 has no problem with that amount of storage, I've been using a micro sd to sd card adapter with a 128gb sd card. Works great, and when the price of 256gb cards go down ($500!) I;ll be using one of those.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
the n3 has no problem with that amount of storage, I've been using a micro sd to sd card adapter with a 128gb sd card. Works great, and when the price of 256gb cards go down ($500!) I;ll be using one of those.
How does that work? Did you mean an OTG adapter with an external full SD reader. I'm being dense.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What were the temperatures like? I was mostly curious to see how hot the device would get with extended 4K recording. I figured the speed would be decent enough, given that I've recorded 4K on a 32 GB device before (I believe it was Class 10).

I used the stock camera app and made (3) 5 minute 4k clips. Temperature went up to 107 and I suspect would rise if used longer. Also this was indoors with moderate brightness, full brightness would increase temperature

7u2epe5e.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta