Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto Sync Data....email

From time to time my auto sync somehow gets unchecked and my email won't sync. Anyone have this problem? It is an easy fix but I was wondering how it becomes unchecked.

Posted from my Beastly Note 3 via Android Central App

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Auto Sync Data....email

Quote Originally Posted by QatarHero View Post
    From time to time my auto sync somehow gets unchecked and my email won't sync. Anyone have this problem? It is an easy fix but I was wondering how it becomes unchecked.

Same here, Gmail, Exchange... Running Xperia SP 4.3 and I think Battery Guru might cause this...
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.
    FBA
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

Move the "Sync" icon out of the main window so it's not visible in the 1st row. You are seeing the issue because you're inadvertently pressing it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Move the "Sync" icon out of the main window so it's not visible in the 1st row. You are seeing the issue because you're inadvertently pressing it.
    I imagine you are talking about the settings with wifi etc? On my phone there isn't a sync icon unless I am clueless since I have only had the phone for a month

Quote Originally Posted by QatarHero View Post

If you use the "power save mode" it also turns off auto sync.

I think, if I remember correctly - forgive me if I'm wrong but it's been about 6 months, AVG also had a setting that turned off auto sync (which took me a while to find when I was trying to figure out why my emails weren't coming through! Finally figured out what I had done).

Posted via Android Central App

I also have avg on my phone and it doesn't turn off the master sync.....it turned off on me once the way FBA said....

Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    I also have avg on my phone and it doesn't turn off the master sync.....it turned off on me once the way FBA said....
    Then i was right about my memory being horrible! Haha. I know i had trouble with some security/antivirus app and my sync ...trouble is i don't know which after 6+mos!

Hopefully the OP will get their problem sorted.

Sarks.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for all of the tips .... all sorted now

FBA
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    If you use the "power save mode" it also turns off auto sync.

Not true. Auto sync does not get shut off by power save mode on the Note 3. I'm always in power save mode and auto sync is always on during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    Not true. Auto sync does not get shut off by power save mode on the Note 3. I'm always in power save mode and auto sync is always on during the day.
    When I used power save and my battery got down to 30% it would turn off auto sync. I guess I should have went into more detail when I wrote my original posting, sorry.

Glad you got it sorted out OP :-) You may want to post what you did to solve the problem - in case anyone else is in the same position as you, might help them out.

FBA
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,465 Global Posts

That's still not right; my A/S stays on no matter what...something wrong in your config or software! Both my Note 3's are the same.