Note 3: What are people actually using the S Pen for?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: What are people actually using the S Pen for?

I use scrap booker quite a bit to save info and articles and action memo is handy sometimes!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

When I had it I rarely used it especially not the way Samsung wanted you to use it.

I used it to help me while driving, it's mounted and basically used the S-Pen to help me be more accurate and reach. LOL

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I use my S Pen for notes (lists, numbers, websites ect.), it really comes in handy, I always know where I can find a "pen and paper" (so to speak).

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Never fully got into the habit. Just for writing on screenshots with the edit bar icon, and on photos. Very occasionally for other stuff, scrapbook etc. It's set for action memo which you can leave on a widget, but I mostly prefer Colour Note. Must try new Evernote. Wanted to use it to tap on keyboard but doesn't register every hit. Doesn't like my erratic handwriting either.
Started to use it to cut and paste, but a finger is getting easier.
I am positively thrilled with it when I need to do some head scratching though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I've had my Note 3 since it came out and love it but haven't really used the S Pen much. What are people who use it actually using it for? Any suggested apps?

Posted via Android Central App

Here are the ways I use my pen on a regular basis:

1. Action Memos (occasionally scrapbbook and S Note)
2. I will cut and paste something I have on my screen to send to someone else (biggest use of my S Pen)
3. Data entry with Evernote
4. Screen prints
5. Occasionally for writing a text message vs typing
6. Writing on the back of pictures

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

When I use to have a Windows phone, I use to use it for writing all the time. However with androids predictive text , I use the Keyboard since it's much faster .

With the the note 2 the pen was not accurate enough to use. There was too much lag and writing with it forced me to slow down. I use to use it only for doodling, web surfing. The pen's hover feature is excellent and something missing with touch screen devices many websites don't work because they require mouse over, something only the notes had.

The Note 3 has fixed the lag issue and added even more useful features. I use the pen all the time.
I use it for diagram, taking quick notes, when on a call i can take notes with the pen, surf the web.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Use it to draw in Autodesk Sketch Pro

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I use it to draw. I bought the Intuos tablet last week and it doesn't come close to my Note 3 and S-pen. Powerful tool.

Evernote just released an update and now I'm using the S-pen with it too. Love it! :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

the Tablet is made by the same people that provided the pen technology on the note 3.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

the Tablet is made by the same people that provided the pen technology on the note 3.

Yes. I'm aware of that. It still went back.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

What is the app called please?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N9005)

S-boogie...oh you mean the handwriting app... :p

It's not super great, but it's a work in progress. I find myself having issues from time to time. I was hoping to use it for inventory purposes, but it's not full proof for serial number notation yet.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Use it to draw in Autodesk Sketch Pro

Hi. Could you point me sometime to where I can get more info on the Wacom test in *#0*#. I caught your post on this in an S-Pen calibration (how to) thread some weeks ago when I was voluntarily off the forums. That was a good pointer (no pun!).
My S-Pen always felt a little off, especially when I have the on-screen guide dot turned on. It passes the S-Pen hovering test, but it causes a Fail with the first touch on any diagonal box in the Wacom test, then passes on all the rest. Curious if I can improve it, more than bothered. Thanks.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi. Could you point me sometime to where I can get more info on the Wacom test in *#0*#. I caught your post on this in an S-Pen calibration (how to) thread some weeks ago when I was voluntarily off the forums. That was a good pointer (no pun!).
My S-Pen always felt a little off, especially when I have the on-screen guide dot turned on. It passes the S-Pen hovering test, but it causes a Fail with the first touch on any diagonal box in the Wacom test, then passes on all the rest. Curious if I can improve it, more than bothered. Thanks.

Keep in mind that some carriers have stripped out some of the advanced menu features. I'm guessing if you go to your dialer and dial *#0*# and nothing happens, your carrier is probably one of those such carriers.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that some carriers have stripped out some of the advanced menu features. I'm guessing if you go to your dialer and dial *#0*# and nothing happens, your carrier is probably one of those such carriers.
Thanks. That's a good point for others trying this.
It comes up fine on mine, (carrier free) it just fails the first touch on Wacom.
Hopefully @SebasCvdB can shed more light. I'm not good at searching. And lazy.

Last edited:

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I use it to scratch my ears. Really no other use for it. I only have the note 3 for the big amoled display

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Great thread. I admittedly haven't explored it much, but I'm getting some good ideas here. Especially like the Evernote heads-up.

I haven't traveled with this tablet yet, but one use I did envision when traveling was the ability to make a quick note after lifting the smart cover, on that first screen that shows up before the lock screen. That could be really convenient when you're on the move.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle