Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By seventeenseconds
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default

    After updating my phone. My note 3 keeps having a notification sound. But when I scroll down the notification, it doesn't show nothing. Wondering what is the problem to this notification sound. This annoys me since when I am in vibrate mode it keeps vibrating even without a notification. You guys have any idea about it? Am I the only one that experiencing this problem? Is there a way to fix it?? Please tell me. If this problem will not be fixed I would be dissapointed on this device. So far no problems only this small notification sound. Another problem is when in in mute mode it vibrates by himself wtf??? =((

    jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
  2. #2  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    Is it a recognizable notification sound, or one you've never heard before? Yahoo Mail is a known source of difficult-to-identify notifications, so if you have it, turn off its notifications in the app's settings. I think ESPN might be another one.

    If it's an unusual sound, like 3 rapid tones in succession, it could be the NFC tone (Near Field Communication). You could try turning NFC off in the Settings (usually under Wireless & Networks).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Is it a recognizable notification sound, or one you've never heard before? Yahoo Mail is a known source of difficult-to-identify notifications, so if you have it, turn off its notifications in the app's settings. I think ESPN might be another one.

    If it's an unusual sound, like 3 rapid tones in succession, it could be the NFC tone (Near Field Communication). You could try turning NFC off in the Settings (usually under Wireless & Networks).
    I got Gmail brother and the Nfc is turned off

    jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeric Gorospe View Post
    I got Gmail brother and the Nfc is turned off

    jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
    Now you are welcome.
    (ref older thread)

    @B. Diddy and all the moderators are very helpful and can pool knowledge, but obviously need information and feedback. Maybe you have found a solution yourself, or just missed something (we all do). Otherwise keep it going when you have time.

    Nobody knows how much I don't know. Via my Note 3 on AC.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeric Gorospe View Post
    After updating my phone. My note 3 keeps having a notification sound. But when I scroll down the notification, it doesn't show nothing. Wondering what is the problem to this notification sound. This annoys me since when I am in vibrate mode it keeps vibrating even without a notification. You guys have any idea about it? Am I the only one that experiencing this problem? Is there a way to fix it?? Please tell me. If this problem will not be fixed I would be dissapointed on this device. So far no problems only this small notification sound. Another problem is when in in mute mode it vibrates by himself wtf??? =((

    jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
    Install this app and see what's listed after the notification occurs again.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....evanhe.nhfree

    I had something similar, not after KitKat, but with a random notification I couldn't figure out and this found it right away.
    boudicca00 and Madd54 like this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by seventeenseconds View Post
    Install this app and see what's listed after the notification occurs again.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....evanhe.nhfree

    I had something similar, not after KitKat, but with a random notification I couldn't figure out and this found it right away.
    It doesn't show which application is causing it. But still i'm monitoring it..

    jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    This problem still exists. Please help me!

    jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
  8. #8  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    Bringing this old thread up, any solutions?

    I don't think it has anything to do with the phone itself. A lot of phones have this issue, probably a KitKat problem. I have a Droid Maxx, and I have this random notification a couple times of day.
  9. #9  
    Homeuser's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by dinkoh View Post
    Bringing this old thread up, any solutions?

    I don't think it has anything to do with the phone itself. A lot of phones have this issue, probably a KitKat problem. I have a Droid Maxx, and I have this random notification a couple times of day.
    I'm also experiencing this issue now, after the kit Kat update. It's the "music, video games and other media" ringtone sound (in the sound settings). That keeps playing. I was thinking of performing an "out of box" reset, but only as a last resort and after trouble shooting more.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: After updating to kitkat 4.4.2

    in the Gmail app>menu>label settings

    there are options for notification.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 07:49 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-08-2014, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 03:12 PM
  4. Will Motorola bring another G to the masses?
    By spackmanstephen in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 02:19 AM
  5. Why do I have to download picture text???
    By Onetime72 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions