Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation [Q] Weirdest problem I've ever seen - Anyone can shed me a light?

I've never seen a problem like this and I did everything I could in order to solve it. I really ask for the help of forum members to shed a light...
    I have a brand new N9005 which is running stock 4.4.2. (rooted).

PROBLEM:

When the internet is set on WCDMA/GSM or WCDMA only, it works for a little time (something between 10seconds to 5 minutes) and stops for a random time (something between 1 to 30 minutes).

FACTS:

1 - The place where I'm has a great reception for the HSPA (I have another phone to make sure of it)
    2 - I did a complete factory reset and now I've KitKat 4.4 (installed through Odin) and the phone is rooted. The problem was there before all of that. (and I was running stock)
    3 - No apps that should mess with my connection are installed
    ...now the weird...
    4 - During a call the connection works great without any problems at all.
    5 - The same is true while the GPS is working (let's say, Google Maps). The connection works (if it is stopped, it resumes) great.

Is there anything I can do? I've already complained to my service provider and they opened a file to send to the tech department.
    My guesses are either there is something wrong with the SIM card or with my line. But I want to rule out any software or hardware issues...

Is there anyone that can help me?

Thanks

Deleted by me.