Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By QatarHero
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 2 Post By QatarHero
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Can't play video???

I can't play certain videos after I move them to the SD card. I use MX player. I can play them from the portable hard drive but after they are transferred they don't open. Help please......

Posted from my Beastly Note 3 via Android Central App

Default Re: Can't play video???

Where did you buy the card from? A majority of cards bought from eBay and 3rd party Amazon sellers are very low capacity but advertised as much higher, so your transferred files may unfortunately be lost.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I bought it from Amazon but it is a Samsung SD card... I can't play any music files as well..... any advice on a good SD card? How about SanDisk? So in a nutshell it is crappy SD card problem?

Quote Originally Posted by QatarHero View Post
    I bought it from Amazon but it is a Samsung SD card... I can't play any music files as well..... any advice on a good SD card? How about SanDisk? So in a nutshell it is crappy SD card problem?

Buy a card from Best Buy or from Amazon proper (not a seller through Amazon). The fake cards have the brand names copied onto them, but they're fakes, not really cards from those companies. Good luck with your next card.

Madd54 likes this.

Would it make sense to explore the sd card to see if a video file size matches what was given. Personally I would cable it to a pc and explore the device, then card in My Computer. Most people will have file management on the phone but for me this is rhe easiest. If full files are there then it would be software compatability. I guess.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    Would it make sense to explore the sd card to see if a video file size matches what was given. Personally I would cable it to a pc and explore the device, then card in My Computer. Most people will have file management on the phone but for me this is rhe easiest. If full files are there then it would be software compatability. I guess.

Posted via Android Central App
    Sure, good ideas. Also try an app called SD Insight (from the play store). It should be able to verify what your card really is. Here's a screenshot from the app confirming my 32 GB Sandisk card is genuine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note 3: Can't play video???-uploadfromtaptalk1395121287477.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Sure, good ideas. Also try an app called SD Insight (from the play store). It should be able to verify what your card really is. Here's a screenshot from the app confirming my 32 GB Sandisk card is genuine.

Yes. I thought that initially then forgot when I came back. They used to mention on Amazon reviews when a card from market sellers was suspect that it could be tested for write speed, what the real capacity should be etc. Wasn't sure if that was pc software or an app as well. There must be apps and I probably read about them on AC. I couldn't be too bothered for myself unless I had a big reason to buy an expensive one, I don't save movies etc, but then I would buy from a good source. My current card is a class 4, but that's our secret! Plays music, saves photos and camera videos, and apps just fine.

Nobody knows how much I don't know. Via my Note 3 on AC.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just scanned mine and it said INVALID.... Do'h!

Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Thats annoying for everyone. Seens there's still money being made from fakes.
    I heard genuine Samsung and SanDisk are the ones to go for. Still we all like a bargain when deals are genuine.

The good thing is knowing what the problem is, though. I'm glad you checked it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Madd54 likes this.

Yes. I thought that initially then forgot when I came back. They used to mention on Amazon reviews when a card from market sellers was suspect that it could be tested for write speed, what the real capacity should be etc. Wasn't sure if that was pc software or an app as well. There must be apps and I probably read about them on AC. I couldn't be too bothered for myself unless I had a big reason to buy an expensive one, I don't save movies etc, but then I would buy from a good source. My current card is a class 4, but that's our secret! Plays music, saves photos and camera videos, and apps just fine.

I now suspect the fake cards are at the root of probably 90% of the problems folks report here in the forums. I've been scammed on eBay with other types of products, so I only buy things from well known stores now.

Edit: A wrong word replaced.

Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I now suspect the fake cards are at the root of probably 90% of the problems folks report here in the forums. I've been scammed on eBay with other types of products, so I only buy things from well known stores now.

Edit: A wrong word replaced.

They may well affect a lot of issues people have. I suspect most who have high end phones won't skimp on a card intentionally but like me won't test them either.
    I was tempted to support a well rated market seller on a card I have elsewhere but when it arrived the advertised retail packaging was like new except it had been steamed on one side so the card could fall out and it didn't read right, I forget how. I messaged them, very apologetic, sent another proper one straight away and didn't want it back. So I gave them a good rating for service, but they were obviously chancing their arm, as we say. I am sure you have better stories. The margin on small cards can't be much, but now mega cards are at premium prices, the temptation will be there on both sides.
    Good advice to the OP. At least he knows.

mrsmumbles likes this.

They may well affect a lot of issues people have. I suspect most who have high end phones won't skimp on a card intentionally but like me won't test them either.
    I was tempted to support a well rated market seller on a card I have elsewhere but when it arrived the advertised retail packaging was like new except it had been steamed on one side so the card could fall out and it didn't read right, I forget how. I messaged them, very apologetic, sent another proper one straight away and didn't want it back. So I gave them a good rating for service, but they were obviously chancing their arm, as we say. I am sure you have better stories. The margin on small cards can't be much, but now mega cards are at premium prices, the temptation will be there on both sides.
    Good advice to the OP. At least he knows.

That's a good story. I was scammed on an Eastpack back pack around 5 years ago. I was naive! It was clear when it arrived it wasn't an Eastpack, but I should have been clued by the fact the seller was in China and shipping from there, haha! Oh well, don't mean to stray off topic, but it's probably possible to buy a fake anything on eBay.

Madd54 likes this.

They can be alright. I bought two different aerials from China recently for a mobile wifi dongle I have. They were half the price of identical units sold on EBay, and I suspected they may not help the signal much anyway. They were fine when they arrived, well packed, good service. Only thing is I would have bought them locally at double if I knew how long it was going to take. I think they sent somebody on a bicycle.
    I also may buy a new old model Sony Ericsson phone from Hong Kong when I have spare money, for nostalgic reasons.
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

They can be alright. I bought two different aerials from China recently for a mobile wifi dongle I have. They were half the price of identical units sold on EBay, and I suspected they may not help the signal much anyway. They were fine when they arrived, well packed, good service. Only thing is I would have bought them locally at double if I knew how long it was going to take. I think they sent somebody on a bicycle.
    I also may buy a new old model Sony Ericsson phone from Hong Kong when I have spare money, for nostalgic reasons.
    That sounds like a shopping adventure!

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

The good thing is knowing what the problem is, though. I'm glad you checked it.

Well I still have the 32gb SanDisk card they gave me when I bought the phone which is legit and Amazon will give me my money back but it still sucks that there is so much crap out there......

Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    mrsmumbles and Madd54 like this.