How to decline KK update?

JxPops

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Or rather, how do I get rid of the notification that KK has been downloaded, & prompting me to install it?
I'd just rather not update.
If I begin the install, can I cancel mid-way through, thereby clearing the notification?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If your device is rooted then you have options or can just flash a custom ROM. Otherwise if you stock you have to keep dealing with the OTA notification. Not much you can do.

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Clear the notification and uncheck "auto update".
That's how I got rid of the constant notification.
If you ever want it back, just select "Update-check for updates" and the download will start again.

JxPops

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, no luck. I un-checked auto-update.
However, the notification itself is "un-clearable".
I appreciate your suggestions though.

KRice717

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I updated last night. ..no issues as of late.

KK does not have flash support which is important for videos and news. Its a function I use a lot! Plus, my S3 runs slow enough as it is. I dont want to update. If anyone figures out a way to stop the notifications for stock android, I'd love to find out

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I updated last night. ..no issues as of late.

Posted via Android Central App

You've given it a thorough test of everything since last night and can state it has caused no problems?

Surely it would take a couple of weeks to know that with enough confidence to suggest someone else update?

JxPops

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
So I updated some time ago. I had grown tired of the constant OTA notifications.
I've noticed a couple minor, random, & transient glitches. Lately they seemed to have ceased. The one that has persisted is that, seemingly at random, my chosen wallpaper is replaced by, for example, a page from my note-taking app, calendar, any number of things.
Sometimes I have to restart My Note 3, other times it passes with no intervention needed.
Annoying, but nothing major. So far.
Having said that, I haven't really noticed any improvements, either.
The glitches could have nothing to do with the update, of course, but the timing suggests to me that they do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar