Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By clevin
  • 1 Post By Jeric Gorospe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Going to hard reset/factory reset

Doing this will go back when it was new right? How about my contacts??? Where can I save them?? Right after I did the factory reset i can save already in my contacts? Where can I save my photos? I got 50gb of storage on Dropbox but I don't know how to save my photos, can you teach me how? About the applications on my memory card, it can still works after the factory reset? Or should I install all my applications one by one? Also about the memory card, the memory card should be in my phone or should I remove it before the factory reset?

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3

Default Re: Going to hard reset/factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by Jeric Gorospe View Post
    Doing this will go back when it was new right? How about my contacts??? Where can I save them?? Right after I did the factory reset i can save already in my contacts? Where can I save my photos? I got 50gb of storage on Dropbox but I don't know how to save my photos, can you teach me how? About the applications on my memory card, it can still works after the factory reset? Or should I install all my applications one by one? Also about the memory card, the memory card should be in my phone or should I remove it before the factory reset?

jggorospe GALAXY NOTE 3
    1, yes, factory reset makes the phone go back to when it was new, However, if you upgraded to KK, it will not be back to JB.
    2, go through your contact list, they should be either on the SIM, samsung acc, or Google acc, they should be back when you connect your google account after reset.
    3, for other files, photos, camera pics, music, video, etc, connect your phone to a computer and move them manually.
    4, unmount and remove SD card before resetting, just in case.
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3/ZTE OPEN C
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510/GTS 8.4
    boudicca00 and anon8380037 like this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    1, yes, factory reset makes the phone go back to when it was new, However, if you upgraded to KK, it will not be back to JB.
    2, go through your contact list, they should be either on the SIM, samsung acc, or Google acc, they should be back when you connect your google account after reset.
    3, for other files, photos, camera pics, music, video, etc, connect your phone to a computer and move them manually.
    4, unmount and remove SD card before resetting, just in case.
    What is JB? Anyway did the hard reset and the problem that I was having after updating to kitkat is gone. This is the first so as of now no problems =)

Posted via Android Central App

4.3 was the last version of Jelly Bean / JB. Great if a reset may have cured your problem. As @clevin said you should still be on 4.4.2 after a regular master reset. You mave have looked in About Device to see if you are on 4.3, or 4.4.2 still. I don't know about hard resetting and rooting. I updated to KitKat 5 days ago and its been fine.
    Shame more people did not help you this time out.
    You may want to go over to "All Note 3 4.4 KitKat owners report in here" and let them know how a reset fixed your problem. Still a lot of KitKat problems reported there.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    4.3 was the last version of Jelly Bean / JB. Great if a reset may have cured your problem. As @clevin said you should still be on 4.4.2 after a regular master reset. You mave have looked in About Device to see if you are on 4.3, or 4.4.2 still. I don't know about hard resetting and rooting. I updated to KitKat 5 days ago and its been fine.
    Shame more people did not help you this time out.
    You may want to go over to "All Note 3 4.4 KitKat owners report in here" and let them know how a reset fixed your problem. Still a lot of KitKat problems reported there.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    After doing the factory reset my device was already on 4.4.2 anyway thanks for always replying on my threads

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    anon8380037 likes this.