Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I transfer a Note 3 from Verizon to T-Mobile.

Quick question, hopefully. I'm currently with Verizon and was planning on upgrading to a Note 3. I'm not sure if I want to stay with Verizon or move over to TMobile. If I buy the phone with Verizon is it possible for me to transfer it over to TMobile? Are there any limitations? Sorry, if this is a basic question, I'm no tech tard, just limited experience with mobile hardware.

Default Re: Can I transfer a Note 3 from Verizon to T-Mobile.

Yes it would work. I was able to get voice and data (2g/3g/4g /4GLTE AWS). Note that i only get 4glte in lte mode but I was able to manually switch to gsm mode for the rest. If you aren't in a refarmed area you might not get 4g.It won't support band 2 which tmobile will refarm soon to lte.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

To add to what dpham00 said, yes it could be done but you will be limiting your self to a verizon unit.
    Meaning that access to the 1700mhz aws band 4 wont be there, and this is where T-Mobile has the bulk of their network and back haul.
    It also means stuff like WiFi calling wont works, as thats baked into T-Mobile branded devices.
    So essentially your paying top dollar and you wont be able to get top features / usage out of it.
    Think of it as being 80 or 90% usable. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better analogy or more of a reference then me.

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports 1700 MHz aws. I was able to connect to tmobile 4GLTE when I put a Tmobile sim in

Are you sure it was band 4?
    I have an unlocked HTC One and i can put a TMO sim it and get LTE..
    That doesnt mean its band 4 1700mhz LTE, its the re-farmed 1900mhz PCS LTE..
    If it does great, if not great, im simply pointing out that getting a branded phone on the carrier your sticking with is a better option.. It reduced the number of potential problems or limiting factors in the long run.

Pretty sure band 4. The fcc filing didn't mention band 2 support for the Verizon Note 3.