Can I transfer a Note 3 from Verizon to T-Mobile.

rndm21

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, hopefully. I'm currently with Verizon and was planning on upgrading to a Note 3. I'm not sure if I want to stay with Verizon or move over to TMobile. If I buy the phone with Verizon is it possible for me to transfer it over to TMobile? Are there any limitations? Sorry, if this is a basic question, I'm no tech tard, just limited experience with mobile hardware.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes it would work. I was able to get voice and data (2g/3g/4g /4GLTE AWS). Note that i only get 4glte in lte mode but I was able to manually switch to gsm mode for the rest. If you aren't in a refarmed area you might not get 4g.It won't support band 2 which tmobile will refarm soon to lte.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
To add to what dpham00 said, yes it could be done but you will be limiting your self to a verizon unit.
Meaning that access to the 1700mhz aws band 4 wont be there, and this is where T-Mobile has the bulk of their network and back haul.
It also means stuff like WiFi calling wont works, as thats baked into T-Mobile branded devices.
So essentially your paying top dollar and you wont be able to get top features / usage out of it.
Think of it as being 80 or 90% usable. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better analogy or more of a reference then me.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 supports 1700 MHz aws. I was able to connect to tmobile 4GLTE when I put a Tmobile sim in

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure it was band 4?
I have an unlocked HTC One and i can put a TMO sim it and get LTE..
That doesnt mean its band 4 1700mhz LTE, its the re-farmed 1900mhz PCS LTE..
If it does great, if not great, im simply pointing out that getting a branded phone on the carrier your sticking with is a better option.. It reduced the number of potential problems or limiting factors in the long run.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure band 4. The fcc filing didn't mention band 2 support for the Verizon Note 3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR