- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
set a custom dialer to be my default dialer
My next issue is-
I would like to use a custom dialet as my default dialer.
I download the dialer and I am promted to choose between exdialer and the stock dialer.
Regardless of which I choose, I am still prompted the next time I choose the phone app
Its so frustrating. I've googled the hell out of it. Noone seems to have a solution.
I have cleared defaults and removed apps. The only time I'm not prompted is when there is only one dialer installed (the default samsung dialer )
I'm not rooted
I'm running kitkat
Thanks in advance
- 03-21-2014, 05:22 PM #2
Re: set a custom dialer to be my default dialer
You should be able to tell it to use that dialer always.. For example.. As you can see below I chose a YouTube link in hangouts.. It is asking what app to use.. If i hit YouTube and "always" it won't prompt anymore.
Are you clicking always when it asks?
Also it will sometimes ask each time you launch the dialer from a new app. What I mean by this is I've selected YouTube as my default in many other apps for YouTube links but in hangouts I haven't yet.. So that's why it is asking.
Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
- By pawprints86 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 3Last Post: 05-14-2014, 05:31 AM
- By Red_Berry_21 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM
- By Erick Newman in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 19Last Post: 03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
- By st9966 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 03-21-2014, 11:47 PM
- By ymcewen in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2014, 05:10 PM