Note 3: I actually like Touchwiz

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one? I always see people bashing touchwiz about how bad it is and how lagy it is, but I don't mind it. Well, I actually prefer it to the stock android look, but I do agree that stock Android is a ton better than touchwiz. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: I actually like touchwiz

I like it but there is entirely too much space wasted on the homescreens of a phone the size of the Note, in my humble opinion. If i could change the size of the homescreen grid and scale down the icons, i would use it exclusively. Until then, Nova it is.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

HothTron

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

I honestly don't mind it, it works for what I want other then I wish it was a grid of 5x5 rather then 4x4 but other launchers have limitions on what works so I use it. Other people are just too anal about their phones

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Am I the only one? I always see people bashing touchwiz about how bad it is and how lagy it is, but I don't mind it. Well, I actually prefer it to the stock android look, but I do agree that stock Android is a ton better than touchwiz. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm fine with it too. I'm sure you could make improvements but nothing about it bothers me to the point of using something else.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

i like it. Android's default is way too simple to be functional for me.

Totally agree. I love touchwiz and find stock android bland. The thing is, Android is so variable there is something for everyone. I don't get it when people moan about touchwiz and say it should be stock android. No it shouldn't. If you want Vanila Android get a nexus phone.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I like it. The main downside is the waste of real estate like Hoth and SForsyth said.
After I disabled most of the unnecessary (to me) Samsung and Google apps without penalty, including Google +, it suits me. I have only had 2 Android phones, both Samsung, and I like the menu layout and the home and sofkeys conpared to stock. I haven't used stock Android much, but it seems crude. TouchWiz puts a nice shine on it. The latest tablets in store seem to have changed quite a bit from the Note 3 and 2013 tablets.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

The icons are too big for the N3. You can have fancy things like gestures and custom icons either. Aside from that it isn't super bad.

Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk