Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ladybell
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 1 Post By Matt Behnken
  • 1 Post By TheMacs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anybody use pen window?

For some reason I forgot it existed. So I've used it maybe once but it would be useful.

Default Re: Anybody use pen window?

Yes . I mostly use it for the Calculator option while I am doing something else on screen .

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    marktika and JellyBeanGurl like this.

Ditto. Only ever use the calculator right now. I distinctly remember that Samsung said that future apps would support Pen window... So much for that!

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.

There has been a thread running for a long while with more and more apps being compatible.
    I would prefer more basic and bigger apps being compatible with multi-window as this is still severely limited for me.
    I wouldn't use pen-window much no matter how many apps, it's still too small. Calculator seems the only sensible use.
    It's one of those features I look at when you get the phone and forget.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Global Posts
    648 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybell View Post
    Yes . I mostly use it for the Calculator option while I am doing something else on screen .

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    I also primarily use it for the calculator.

Posted via Android Central App

I use it instead if switching apps to retrieve information. For example when resetting a password online you need a code from an email they just sent or from a text they just sent you. Also to map locations if I just want a general idea of where the address is. I also use it to troll apple users by opening 5 pen windows at once.

Posted via Android Central App
    Myat K-Phoenix likes this.

Global Posts
    616 Global Posts

I use the split screen almost exclusively, but there is a nice thread on using a ton of apps not normally supported via Internet-Google Play/Pen Window trick. Very handy.
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.

I use it to listen to youtube and multitasking. I use the calculator a lot. I also use the screen write a lot.
    So, to answer your question, I use it very often. Lol

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    For some reason I forgot it existed. So I've used it maybe once but it would be useful.
    Definitely and I'm making a conscious effort to remember to use the S Pen whenever possible and to remember the ways to use it because often times I'm doing something that would be perfect for that and I forget it can do it. This morning I was creating a To Do that involved calling someone and I used the Pen Window to bring up my contacts list to get a phone number out of it. Worked perfectly. Love it
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    Definitely and I'm making a conscious effort to remember to use the S Pen whenever possible and to remember the ways to use it because often times I'm doing something that would be perfect for that and I forget it can do it. This morning I was creating a To Do that involved calling someone and I used the Pen Window to bring up my contacts list to get a phone number out of it. Worked perfectly. Love it
    Yeah, I think I should take advantage of the s pen features more. I've used it a fair bit recently so use scrapbooker for my holidays but I do use a note for my passwords and stuff at work.. One of many reasons I love my note. Being able to do more than the average phone