Anybody use pen window?

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes . I mostly use it for the Calculator option while I am doing something else on screen .

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. Only ever use the calculator right now. I distinctly remember that Samsung said that future apps would support Pen window... So much for that!

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There has been a thread running for a long while with more and more apps being compatible.
I would prefer more basic and bigger apps being compatible with multi-window as this is still severely limited for me.
I wouldn't use pen-window much no matter how many apps, it's still too small. Calculator seems the only sensible use.
It's one of those features I look at when you get the phone and forget.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited:

Matt Behnken

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I use it instead if switching apps to retrieve information. For example when resetting a password online you need a code from an email they just sent or from a text they just sent you. Also to map locations if I just want a general idea of where the address is. I also use it to troll apple users by opening 5 pen windows at once.

Posted via Android Central App

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the split screen almost exclusively, but there is a nice thread on using a ton of apps not normally supported via Internet-Google Play/Pen Window trick. Very handy.

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I use it to listen to youtube and multitasking. I use the calculator a lot. I also use the screen write a lot.
So, to answer your question, I use it very often. Lol :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
For some reason I forgot it existed. So I've used it maybe once but it would be useful.

Definitely and I'm making a conscious effort to remember to use the S Pen whenever possible and to remember the ways to use it because often times I'm doing something that would be perfect for that and I forget it can do it. This morning I was creating a To Do that involved calling someone and I used the Pen Window to bring up my contacts list to get a phone number out of it. Worked perfectly. Love it

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Definitely and I'm making a conscious effort to remember to use the S Pen whenever possible and to remember the ways to use it because often times I'm doing something that would be perfect for that and I forget it can do it. This morning I was creating a To Do that involved calling someone and I used the Pen Window to bring up my contacts list to get a phone number out of it. Worked perfectly. Love it

Yeah, I think I should take advantage of the s pen features more. I've used it a fair bit recently so use scrapbooker for my holidays but I do use a note for my passwords and stuff at work.. One of many reasons I love my note. Being able to do more than the average phone