pool incident!!!

asiaanitsirk

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
i accidentally dropped my note 3 in the pool yesterday. as soon as i revived it from the water the it started to turn on but i immediately remove the back cover and battery. it happened around 9am until then i did not try to open it. as soon as i got home that was around 6 pm i placed it in the rice and stayed there until now. i hope the rice tricked still works. ;:):):):):):):):):):)(

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
i accidentally dropped my note 3 in the pool yesterday. as soon as i revived it from the water the it started to turn on but i immediately remove the back cover and battery. it happened around 9am until then i did not try to open it. as soon as i got home that was around 6 pm i placed it in the rice and stayed there until now. i hope the rice tricked still works. ;:):):):):):):):):):)(

Good luck. I hope it works too.

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I found that Rye bread with caraway seeds works best for removing moisture. Tastes good too with a little poolwater and chlorine added!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I found that Rye bread with caraway seeds works best for removing moisture. Tastes good too with a little poolwater and chlorine added!

With just a pinch of stabilizer and algaecide flavor? :) That would be to die for!!

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good luck! Just FYI for the future you will want to try the rice thing right away to ensure it can grab everything ASAP.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
White rice I hope...brown rice only gets 59% of the humidity that white rice collects. I found this out on the rice forums!

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Leave it in freezer zip lock bag (or any airtight container) for as long as you can. Days is better than hours. In a warm (but not too hot) spot is also helpful. This usually works. Pool water is not that harsh, and sounds like your Note didn't swim for long. Good luck.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Leave it in freezer zip lock bag (or any airtight container) for as long as you can. Days is better than hours. In a warm (but not too hot) spot is also helpful. This usually works. Pool water is not that harsh, and sounds like your Note didn't swim for long. Good luck.

WRONG - Pool water is very harsh.
Pool water will have chlorine in it. Chlorine is corrosive and also makes the water more conductive.
So when your phone hits pool water its going to short out internally faster when a power source is connected, think battery, then once he removes battery the second part of damage starts, corrosion. As the water evaporates it leaves behind the chemicals that were in the water. Those will start to eat away at the metals in the phone. Think connectors, circuit board and antennas.
The best thing is to get it to a tech so they can get it apart and remove as much as they can before it evaporates and starts to corrode.
FYI, Distilled water is least damaging, as its pure water with no contaminants. Tap water is next as it has less chlorine and other chemicals then pool water.
Id say pool water and sea (salt) water are among the worst..

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There was a young guy on UK Dragons Den recently looking for investment in sealable pouches that you put your phone in that has a particular solution that apparently the industry uses. Don't have more details atm. I think he only had patent for Europe so may already be available elsewhere.
Practical immediate steps still apply, and yes pool chlorine won't help.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch