Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  • 1 Post By vpblaze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    sasfood's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Note 3: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    So I use Poweramp to play music....and i always start it right before i get in the shower
    and if i get an email or text message while the music is playing, it either briefly mutes or
    pauses the music for like 5-10 secs each time. Is there anyway to turn whatever is causing this
    off so I can listen to uninterupted music?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,711 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,151 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    Never really though about this before, but you can do one of two things: Put the phone on Mute. That should kill all notifications, however, I don't know if that will stop the pause. Or, you can put the device in AIrplane mode. That will stop the incoming messages. As for changing the setting, I believe that is baked into the ROM, so changing it may not be possible.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. #3  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    8,899 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    Quote Originally Posted by sasfood View Post
    So I use Poweramp to play music....and i always start it right before i get in the shower
    and if i get an email or text message while the music is playing, it either briefly mutes or
    pauses the music for like 5-10 secs each time. Is there anyway to turn whatever is causing this
    off so I can listen to uninterupted music?

    Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!

    In addition to the solutions provided by Golfdriver, you can disable text message notifications within the text messaging. That's what I do when playing Pandora or listening to podcasts with other BeyondPod.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    In a nut shell there is no convenient way to do it.
    I know exactly where you are coming from.
    As the others have stated, you will have to either put your notifications on silent or turn them off all together. Both those will work, just not convenient.

    Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    I don't think you can stop it from interrupting the music without disabling notifications.
    This is part of the reason I still have my note 2. Games and media while not dealing with notifications.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    I would say put the phone on silent and that should stop it while you shower.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    Quote Originally Posted by sasfood View Post
    So I use Poweramp to play music....and i always start it right before i get in the shower
    and if i get an email or text message while the music is playing, it either briefly mutes or
    pauses the music for like 5-10 secs each time. Is there anyway to turn whatever is causing this
    off so I can listen to uninterupted music?

    Thanks
    You could try putting your phone on blocking mode and select turn off notifications this might work. I'm not sure how blocking mode works with playing music with poweramp though. I know I don't have problems playing utube whilst taking a shower with blocking mode on.

    Sarks.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    I just put my phone on vibrate and I don't have this issue. Well my phone is always on vibrate.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarkycow View Post
    You could try putting your phone on blocking mode and select turn off notifications this might work. I'm not sure how blocking mode works with playing music with poweramp though. I know I don't have problems playing utube whilst taking a shower with blocking mode on.

    Sarks.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Blocking mode is a good idea! I have mine set just to receive phone calls, so that would work.

    Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    sarkycow likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    You don't want to risk missing your notifications by cutting them off and stuff so just switch to vibrate.

    Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    I just happened upon this post while doing some browsing online. I created an app that solves this problem about a month ago. I haven't done much promotion, but It solves the issue you are all having. The app is called "Don't Pause". It is free on the Google play store and there is a pro version if you like it. Heres a link to the free version.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ings.dontpause

    Heres a nice review that was done for XDA TV

    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    I hate this a ton! Now I just put the phone on vibrate

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
  13. #13  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Pierce View Post
    I just happened upon this post while doing some browsing online. I created an app that solves this problem about a month ago. I haven't done much promotion, but It solves the issue you are all having. The app is called "Don't Pause". It is free on the Google play store and there is a pro version if you like it. Heres a link to the free version.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ings.dontpause

    Heres a nice review that was done for XDA TV

    Trent, great app.
    Messing around with it right now. Is there anyway for it not to vibrate though? Just have no notification for messages at all? Say only have phone calls come through.
    I would love to be able to not have text, email, BBM come through and just have my ringer come through when I get a call.

    Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
  14. #14  

    Default Re: how to stop incoming texts from pausing music?

    Quote Originally Posted by vpblaze View Post
    Trent, great app.
    Messing around with it right now. Is there anyway for it not to vibrate though? Just have no notification for messages at all? Say only have phone calls come through.
    I would love to be able to not have text, email, BBM come through and just have my ringer come through when I get a call.

    Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    Go to settings and check the "only silence notifications" setting. Next time you start the service it will just mute the notification stream and your ringer can be set to whatever you prefer. When music stops playing, your notification stream is returned to 3/4 volume and you are free to adjust it any way you like.
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. How's your phone holding up?
    By jpdaballa in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 11:11 AM
  2. How much should Android system be taking up in battery life?
    By thegame161 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 02:57 PM
  3. Apps to speed up your phone
    By newandroidguy in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 01:00 PM
  4. Connecting two bluetooth headphones to S3 at the same time
    By mpadhu in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 12:22 PM
  5. Back button not working and phone stopping
    By Melanie Holditch in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions