Backup contacts without using contacts app

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting the message "android.process.acore" has stopped. I looked around on Google and it would appear the fix involves deleting all my contacts and restoring them, only problem is I can't open my contacts app. How do I back up my contacts without using the contacts app? Do I even need to do this or does anyone happen to know a different way to stop this message from appearing every three seconds?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting the message "android.process.acore" has stopped. I looked around on Google and it would appear the fix involves deleting all my contacts and restoring them, only problem is I can't open my contacts app. How do I back up my contacts without using the contacts app? Do I even need to do this or does anyone happen to know a different way to stop this message from appearing every three seconds?
Did you find the solution? If not, open System settings > Accounts > Google > sync contacts. That'll backup your contacts to Google for easy restore when you are ready to do so.

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you find the solution? If not, open System settings > Accounts > Google > sync contacts. That'll backup your contacts to Google for easy restore when you are ready to do so.

Thanks! I did end up fixing it by booting in safe mode and using the contacts app to back up my contacts, but I appreciate your response. I never thought of that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49