Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backup contacts without using contacts app

I keep getting the message "android.process.acore" has stopped. I looked around on Google and it would appear the fix involves deleting all my contacts and restoring them, only problem is I can't open my contacts app. How do I back up my contacts without using the contacts app? Do I even need to do this or does anyone happen to know a different way to stop this message from appearing every three seconds?

Global Posts
    7,398 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Backup contacts without using contacts app

Quote Originally Posted by FutureKix View Post
    I keep getting the message "android.process.acore" has stopped. I looked around on Google and it would appear the fix involves deleting all my contacts and restoring them, only problem is I can't open my contacts app. How do I back up my contacts without using the contacts app? Do I even need to do this or does anyone happen to know a different way to stop this message from appearing every three seconds?
    Did you find the solution? If not, open System settings > Accounts > Google > sync contacts. That'll backup your contacts to Google for easy restore when you are ready to do so.
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Backup contacts without using contacts app

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Did you find the solution? If not, open System settings > Accounts > Google > sync contacts. That'll backup your contacts to Google for easy restore when you are ready to do so.
    Thanks! I did end up fixing it by booting in safe mode and using the contacts app to back up my contacts, but I appreciate your response. I never thought of that!