Note 3: best phone out?

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So what do you guys think ? specs wise i think that the note 3 beats the s5,htc one m8 and new sony phone

What do you guys think do you think the note 3 is better than the s5, HTC M8 or the new xperia z2

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 3 best phone out ?

I will be waiting for the Note 4 most likely. I do like the M8 though.. It looks very sleek.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

So what do you guys think ? specs wise i think that the note 3 beats the s5,htc one m8 and new sony phone

What do you guys think do you think the note 3 is better than the s5, HTC M8 or the new xperia z2

If your looking at specs then the Z2 matches the Note 3 but has the 801 chip and has that 20.7mgp camera.

So it just depends on your flavour and the M8 does look sleek.

Im not taking anything away from the Note 3 i own one and i love it :)

Posted via Android Central App

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Note 3 is ONE of the best phones out there I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the phone. There are now phones out there with the Snapdragon 801 chipset which has some significant upgrades on it but overall the phones match the Note 3. If you're a camera freak than probably Xperia is the way to go.. I love my Note 3 and it will be one of the first phones I've owned that's going to stick around for a while.

waz ahmer

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

Note 3 is the legend its in a league of its own there can be only one king so the crown is taken

Posted via Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm waiting for a Note 6! I hear it comes with a supercharger, a twin turbo and it makes 1200 HP, but yet still small enough to fit in a pants pocket!

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

A couple days ago you said you had just received your Note 3
and you were going to take it back and exchange it!
We have been trying to convince you to use it for a while to see if it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread!
I think it is!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I've been starting to go to my local bar in the evening for a slow beer, to avoid suffering a noisy neighbour. I never used to go to bars (pubs here).
If I didn't have my Note 3 to browse on and tinker with, I wouldn't go. So I guess I like it.

One night a younger blonde Scandinavian lady tried to enter in to a conversation with me. Asking if I like having a bigger one, could she hold it, why don't I bring it around to her place, to hold it against her Nokia I think she said.

I made excuses and got out of there fast. It's mine, and who wants to talk in a bar.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

MP mattered with the One because the camera was too low resolution to produce decent shots in many conditions.

Sony and Nokia camera phones have consistently underperformed barring the 1020. MP really don't matter with those. The camera software in them has been consistently underwhelming so the image output hasn't been first rate.

I heard the Icon is a bit better than the 92x devices. Maybe the Z2 will be better as well.

With good camera optics and software, and a decent dedicated ISP 8MP is enough. You don't need 13, 16, or 20 unless you're a bit of a pro sumer with these devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The Note3 is the BEST smartphone/Phablet for ME. Nothing has caught and maintained my attention like this in a long time. It will be part of my life for a while...SMILE

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

So what do you guys think ? specs wise i think that the note 3 beats the s5,htc one m8 and new sony phoneWhat do you guys think do you think the note 3 is better than the s5, HTC M8 or the new xperia z2
I think specs are only part of the picture. It's about the whole experience and unless you've used the other phones, how do you really know? That said, I would have a very hard time believing that any phone would be better than the Note 3, at least as far as everything it can do and perhaps even user satisfaction.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I'm waiting for a Note 6! I hear it comes with a supercharger, a twin turbo and it makes 1200 HP, but yet still small enough to fit in a pants pocket!

I say we give it to Tim "Tool Man" Taylor and see what he can do with it? Put a Hemi in it? lol

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I've been starting to go to my local bar in the evening for a slow beer, to avoid suffering a noisy neighbour. I never used to go to bars (pubs here).
If I didn't have my Note 3 to browse on and tinker with, I wouldn't go. So I guess I like it.

One night a younger blonde Scandinavian lady tried to enter in to a conversation with me. Asking if I like having a bigger one, could she hold it, why don't I bring it around to her place, to hold it against her Nokia I think she said.

I made excuses and got out of there fast. It's mine, and who wants to talk in a bar.

Gold.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

The Note3 is the BEST smartphone/Phablet for ME. Nothing has caught and maintained my attention like this in a long time. It will be part of my life for a while...SMILE

When I read a post similar to this, I would normally think someone is over hyping their phone to make them feel better about their choice.
I know in your case though, you know how to ring the neck out of it, and nothing else could do the job. You produce great active homescreen layouts, and always want to find out more about it. Others equally use theirs to the Nth degree.
It makes me realise I don't get too over excited about mine more because I don't take enough time to get to know it, I use it like a larger GS2. Plus I am limited by data and speed currently.
You are right, it surely is the best device for multiple uses.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

When I read a post similar to this, I would normally think someone is over hyping their phone to make them feel better about their choice.
I know in your case though, you know how to ring the neck out of it, and nothing else could do the job. You produce great active homescreen layouts, and always want to find out more about it. Others equally use theirs to the Nth degree.
It makes me realise I don't get too over excited about mine more because I don't take enough time to get to know it, I use it like a larger GS2. Plus I am limited by data and speed currently.
You are right, it surely is the best device for multiple uses.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

I think I may be the only one I know who does this as well. I find out EVERY little thing the phone is capable of doing and try to find a way to utilize it. Why spend all this money on something and then only use it for talking and texting (like some people I know). This Note 3 is a technological marvel. Who wouldn't want to push the envelope with it? I'm about as opposite from my hubby as you can get but I do try to drag him kicking and screaming into the 21st century. ;)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I think I may be the only one I know who does this as well. I find out EVERY little thing the phone is capable of doing and try to find a way to utilize it. Why spend all this money on something and then only use it for talking and texting (like some people I know). This Note 3 is a technological marvel. Who wouldn't want to push the envelope with it? I'm about as opposite from my hubby as you can get but I do try to drag him kicking and screaming into the 21st century. ;)

I never used to use a new audio/video/auto product without devouring the printed manual in case I messed up my investment. Now you have to go online where info is all over the place, or refer to the Note 3 built in pathetic help s/w which only covers basics its a put off. I thought I should find everything in the menus but thats not linked either.
I probably missed something or I'm getting old. I do have a pdf or interactive manual for my N9005 on the computer but I rarely look. Seems I missed a lot of things.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Last edited:

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I never used to use a new audio/video/auto product without devouring the printed manual in case I messed up my investment. Now you have to go online where info is all over the place, or refer to the Note 3 built in pathetic help s/w which only covers basics its a put off. I thought I should find everything in the menus but thats not linked either.
I probably missed something or I'm getting old. I do have a pdf or interactive manual for my N9005 on the computer but I rarely look. Seems I missed a lot of things.
BTW If you 'CL' can help Sarks with using the S-Pen in S-Note tick boxes that would be cool. I got it working but she is stumped. :)

Via my Note 3 on AC.

I like delving into the "bowels" of the device and finding things on line that are not in the manual (there is ALWAYS that) to which I ask, WHY have a feature if it isn't going to be documented for people to know about it? Anyway, I will see what I can figure out with that.

UPDATE: So far I haven't figured it out. Probably something simple but not very intuitive. What did you do so I can try it?

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I like to know EVERYTHING I can about MY devices, even if I don't use all of the features. I just luv the challenge and the Note3 is pushing the limit....I LOVE IT.....SMILE.