Note 3: best phone out?

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: Note 3 best phone out ?

Yes, I like to know EVERYTHING I can about MY devices, even if I don't use all of the features. I just luv the challenge and the Note3 is pushing the limit....I LOVE IT.....SMILE.

I'll take that a step further. I demand that all features work even if it isn't one I use much if at all. I'm just like that. So Madd54, do I assume corectly that the only way to check one of the boxes in a checklist in S Note is to actually free-hand draw a check mark? I find no other way.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Should I meet you there, haha. If you go back to the OP I solved it by post #7?
Bring up a check list template that's open, hold the pen pressing on a box and it should get a blue border and 3 option boxes.

? We crossed while posting, give me a sec.
Via my Note 3 on AC.

Hmm. Ok, something to play with on the bus ride home. Stay tuned....

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I was on the London Underground!
I was just curious why it didn't work on her phone. Don't think it's KitKat. Thought you might be too when you're next on the forums.
Enjoy your evening.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Well, try as I might, I could never get it to work either. I'm usually fairly good at this stuff especially when told what to do. Still.... no luck. :'(
Maybe next time I'm in Best Buy I'll ask the Samsung guy or the guy at the AT&T store. Hard to find people who know very specific stuff like that though.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Well, try as I might, I could never get it to work either. I'm usually fairly good at this stuff especially when told what to do. Still.... no luck. :'(
Maybe next time I'm in Best Buy I'll ask the Samsung guy or the guy at the AT&T store. Hard to find people who know very specific stuff like that though.

Maybe it only works on some phones or carrier free ones. The white tick box facility is there though, so it's weird.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Maybe it only works on some phones or carrier free ones. The white tick box facility is there though, so it's weird.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

That's what I was thinking. Why have the box if you can't but then it was thought you could just draw the check mark. I don't know but I definitely will ask next time I'm around someone who might know. In fact, I know someone I can ask by email. He's pretty knowledgeable and he's a T-Mobile Rep. We'll see.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I was on the London Underground!
I was just curious why it didn't work on her phone. Don't think it's KitKat. Thought you might be too when you're next on the forums.
Enjoy your evening.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Yup, it was KitKat :-D

Posted via Android Central App

jerry12

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've been starting to go to my local bar in the evening for a slow beer, to avoid suffering a noisy neighbour. I never used to go to bars (pubs here).
If I didn't have my Note 3 to browse on and tinker with, I wouldn't go. So I guess I like it.

One night a younger blonde Scandinavian lady tried to enter in to a conversation with me. Asking if I like having a bigger one, could she hold it, why don't I bring it around to her place, to hold it against her Nokia I think she said.

I made excuses and got out of there fast. It's mine, and who wants to talk in a bar.

Mercy

Posted via Android Central App

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I find the camera on the Note 3 to be one of the best camera phones out there! What issues are you having?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
1) I hate the "Processing" message after each and every photo...hate the message and hate the delay
2) Camera sucks in low light settings
3) I still fumble around looking for the flash setting...not intuitive in the least
4) if I don't hold the camera perfectly still I get lousy shots

As much as I disliked the iPhone, their camera was stupid easy and with great results

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

1) I hate the "Processing" message after each and every photo...hate the message and hate the delay
2) Camera sucks in low light settings
3) I still fumble around looking for the flash setting...not intuitive in the least
4) if I don't hold the camera perfectly still I get lousy shots

As much as I disliked the iPhone, their camera was stupid easy and with great results

1) The processing is smart stabilization. I turn that off.

2) I haven't owned a 5s but the most trumps all other IPhones I've owned for low light.

3) The flash setting is the lightning bolt on the right. Tap it and it changes from no to yes to auto

4) I have nothing for. I haven't honestly noticed the shaky hand vs steady. Most camera including the iPhone don't work miracles for a non steady shot.

I know it's hard to decipher attitude in text so I'll say this. My reply wasn't meant to be fanboi ish or anti your comment but I just find the complaints that you are stating to be more of a settings issue rather than a bad camera issue.

I hated the note camera when I got it. I feel that having so many options rather than simply just open and take a picture adds some time in tweaking to one's personal needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Note 3 is ONE of the best phones out there I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the phone. There are now phones out there with the Snapdragon 801 chipset which has some significant upgrades on it but overall the phones match the Note 3. If you're a camera freak than probably Xperia is the way to go.. I love my Note 3 and it will be one of the first phones I've owned that's going to stick around for a while.

One of the interesting things - coming from a varied combination of iPhone 5, Pre3, and Nexus 4 - are the comments my wife makes about photos taken with the Note 3. "Wow, look at the detail!" of course she has no idea of the difference, but as a non-techie I find her comments amusing. No, the camera is not the best in the market, but it's really very, very good.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

One of the interesting things - coming from a varied combination of iPhone 5, Pre3, and Nexus 4 - are the comments my wife makes about photos taken with the Note 3. "Wow, look at the detail!" of course she has no idea of the difference, but as a non-techie I find her comments amusing. No, the camera is not the best in the market, but it's really very, very good.

It's a good camera don't get me wrong but I see a lot of people complaining about it too. I guess the best camera is one that is NOT attached to a phone.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Considering EVERYTHING else this amazing device does, I will give it a pass for not being the world's best camera!
I'm certainly not the best photographer!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It had shiny plastic over the box

It had shiny printed plastic over the screen, which wasn't fooling anybody. I had figured out that thing came off within the first 7 weeks!

If there should have been shiny plastic over the box, I'm writing to Amazon now.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro