Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Default Note 3: best phone out?

So what do you guys think ? specs wise i think that the note 3 beats the s5,htc one m8 and new sony phone

What do you guys think do you think the note 3 is better than the s5, HTC M8 or the new xperia z2

Default Re: Note 3 best phone out ?

I will be waiting for the Note 4 most likely. I do like the M8 though.. It looks very sleek.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Braini4c View Post
    So what do you guys think ? specs wise i think that the note 3 beats the s5,htc one m8 and new sony phone

What do you guys think do you think the note 3 is better than the s5, HTC M8 or the new xperia z2
    If your looking at specs then the Z2 matches the Note 3 but has the 801 chip and has that 20.7mgp camera.

So it just depends on your flavour and the M8 does look sleek.

Im not taking anything away from the Note 3 i own one and i love it :-)

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom

Note 3 is ONE of the best phones out there I guess it all depends on what you want to do with the phone. There are now phones out there with the Snapdragon 801 chipset which has some significant upgrades on it but overall the phones match the Note 3. If you're a camera freak than probably Xperia is the way to go.. I love my Note 3 and it will be one of the first phones I've owned that's going to stick around for a while.
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...
    Thanked by 2:

Wouldn't trade my note for anything else..
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 4- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Gear S
    raremage, Spencerdl and dc52ltr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame161 View Post
    Wouldn't trade my note for anything else..
    Same here, I'm keeping my Note 3! Nothing else interests me at this point. Love it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    Spencerdl, dc52ltr and Madd54 like this.

Note 3 is the legend its in a league of its own there can be only one king so the crown is taken

Posted via Android Central App
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

I'm waiting for a Note 6! I hear it comes with a supercharger, a twin turbo and it makes 1200 HP, but yet still small enough to fit in a pants pocket!
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    tderouchie likes this.

A couple days ago you said you had just received your Note 3
    and you were going to take it back and exchange it!
    We have been trying to convince you to use it for a while to see if it isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread!
    I think it is!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    "Size does matter!"
    Madd54 likes this.

I've been starting to go to my local bar in the evening for a slow beer, to avoid suffering a noisy neighbour. I never used to go to bars (pubs here).
    If I didn't have my Note 3 to browse on and tinker with, I wouldn't go. So I guess I like it.

One night a younger blonde Scandinavian lady tried to enter in to a conversation with me. Asking if I like having a bigger one, could she hold it, why don't I bring it around to her place, to hold it against her Nokia I think she said.

I made excuses and got out of there fast. It's mine, and who wants to talk in a bar.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood, Spencerdl, V J and 1 others like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

MP mattered with the One because the camera was too low resolution to produce decent shots in many conditions.

Sony and Nokia camera phones have consistently underperformed barring the 1020. MP really don't matter with those. The camera software in them has been consistently underwhelming so the image output hasn't been first rate.

I heard the Icon is a bit better than the 92x devices. Maybe the Z2 will be better as well.

With good camera optics and software, and a decent dedicated ISP 8MP is enough. You don't need 13, 16, or 20 unless you're a bit of a pro sumer with these devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.

The Note3 is the BEST smartphone/Phablet for ME. Nothing has caught and maintained my attention like this in a long time. It will be part of my life for a while...SMILE
    msndrstood likes this.

So what do you guys think ? specs wise i think that the note 3 beats the s5,htc one m8 and new sony phoneWhat do you guys think do you think the note 3 is better than the s5, HTC M8 or the new xperia z2
    I think specs are only part of the picture. It's about the whole experience and unless you've used the other phones, how do you really know? That said, I would have a very hard time believing that any phone would be better than the Note 3, at least as far as everything it can do and perhaps even user satisfaction.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
    msndrstood and Madd54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    I'm waiting for a Note 6! I hear it comes with a supercharger, a twin turbo and it makes 1200 HP, but yet still small enough to fit in a pants pocket!
    I say we give it to Tim "Tool Man" Taylor and see what he can do with it? Put a Hemi in it? lol
    Madd54 likes this.
    V J

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    I've been starting to go to my local bar in the evening for a slow beer, to avoid suffering a noisy neighbour. I never used to go to bars (pubs here).
    If I didn't have my Note 3 to browse on and tinker with, I wouldn't go. So I guess I like it.

One night a younger blonde Scandinavian lady tried to enter in to a conversation with me. Asking if I like having a bigger one, could she hold it, why don't I bring it around to her place, to hold it against her Nokia I think she said.

I made excuses and got out of there fast. It's mine, and who wants to talk in a bar.
    Gold.
    Thanked by 2:
    Spencerdl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    The Note3 is the BEST smartphone/Phablet for ME. Nothing has caught and maintained my attention like this in a long time. It will be part of my life for a while...SMILE
    When I read a post similar to this, I would normally think someone is over hyping their phone to make them feel better about their choice.
    I know in your case though, you know how to ring the neck out of it, and nothing else could do the job. You produce great active homescreen layouts, and always want to find out more about it. Others equally use theirs to the Nth degree.
    It makes me realise I don't get too over excited about mine more because I don't take enough time to get to know it, I use it like a larger GS2. Plus I am limited by data and speed currently.
    You are right, it surely is the best device for multiple uses.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl and Jalopiejoe like this.

When I read a post similar to this, I would normally think someone is over hyping their phone to make them feel better about their choice.
    I know in your case though, you know how to ring the neck out of it, and nothing else could do the job. You produce great active homescreen layouts, and always want to find out more about it. Others equally use theirs to the Nth degree.
    It makes me realise I don't get too over excited about mine more because I don't take enough time to get to know it, I use it like a larger GS2. Plus I am limited by data and speed currently.
    You are right, it surely is the best device for multiple uses.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    I think I may be the only one I know who does this as well. I find out EVERY little thing the phone is capable of doing and try to find a way to utilize it. Why spend all this money on something and then only use it for talking and texting (like some people I know). This Note 3 is a technological marvel. Who wouldn't want to push the envelope with it? I'm about as opposite from my hubby as you can get but I do try to drag him kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
    Thanked by:
    msndrstood, Spencerdl and Madd54 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    I think I may be the only one I know who does this as well. I find out EVERY little thing the phone is capable of doing and try to find a way to utilize it. Why spend all this money on something and then only use it for talking and texting (like some people I know). This Note 3 is a technological marvel. Who wouldn't want to push the envelope with it? I'm about as opposite from my hubby as you can get but I do try to drag him kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
    I never used to use a new audio/video/auto product without devouring the printed manual in case I messed up my investment. Now you have to go online where info is all over the place, or refer to the Note 3 built in pathetic help s/w which only covers basics its a put off. I thought I should find everything in the menus but thats not linked either.
    I probably missed something or I'm getting old. I do have a pdf or interactive manual for my N9005 on the computer but I rarely look. Seems I missed a lot of things.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

I never used to use a new audio/video/auto product without devouring the printed manual in case I messed up my investment. Now you have to go online where info is all over the place, or refer to the Note 3 built in pathetic help s/w which only covers basics its a put off. I thought I should find everything in the menus but thats not linked either.
    I probably missed something or I'm getting old. I do have a pdf or interactive manual for my N9005 on the computer but I rarely look. Seems I missed a lot of things.
    BTW If you 'CL' can help Sarks with using the S-Pen in S-Note tick boxes that would be cool. I got it working but she is stumped.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    I like delving into the "bowels" of the device and finding things on line that are not in the manual (there is ALWAYS that) to which I ask, WHY have a feature if it isn't going to be documented for people to know about it? Anyway, I will see what I can figure out with that.

UPDATE: So far I haven't figured it out. Probably something simple but not very intuitive. What did you do so I can try it?
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Spencerdl and Madd54 like this.

Yes, I like to know EVERYTHING I can about MY devices, even if I don't use all of the features. I just luv the challenge and the Note3 is pushing the limit....I LOVE IT.....SMILE.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Yes, I like to know EVERYTHING I can about MY devices, even if I don't use all of the features. I just luv the challenge and the Note3 is pushing the limit....I LOVE IT.....SMILE.
    I'll take that a step further. I demand that all features work even if it isn't one I use much if at all. I'm just like that. So Madd54, do I assume corectly that the only way to check one of the boxes in a checklist in S Note is to actually free-hand draw a check mark? I find no other way.
    Spencerdl and Madd54 like this.

Should I meet you there, haha. If you go back to the OP I solved it by post #7?
    Bring up a check list template that's open, hold the pen pressing on a box and it should get a blue border and 3 option boxes.

We crossed while posting, give me a sec.
    Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Hmm. Ok, something to play with on the bus ride home. Stay tuned....
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I was on the London Underground!
    I was just curious why it didn't work on her phone. Don't think it's KitKat. Thought you might be too when you're next on the forums.
    Enjoy your evening.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Well, try as I might, I could never get it to work either. I'm usually fairly good at this stuff especially when told what to do. Still.... no luck.
    Maybe next time I'm in Best Buy I'll ask the Samsung guy or the guy at the AT&T store. Hard to find people who know very specific stuff like that though.

Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    Well, try as I might, I could never get it to work either. I'm usually fairly good at this stuff especially when told what to do. Still.... no luck.
    Maybe next time I'm in Best Buy I'll ask the Samsung guy or the guy at the AT&T store. Hard to find people who know very specific stuff like that though.
    Maybe it only works on some phones or carrier free ones. The white tick box facility is there though, so it's weird.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

Maybe it only works on some phones or carrier free ones. The white tick box facility is there though, so it's weird.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    That's what I was thinking. Why have the box if you can't but then it was thought you could just draw the check mark. I don't know but I definitely will ask next time I'm around someone who might know. In fact, I know someone I can ask by email. He's pretty knowledgeable and he's a T-Mobile Rep. We'll see.
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast