Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FBA
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Slow Charging Note 3

A couple of days ago I noticed my Note 3 hadn't charged as expected. I monitored this last night to find it was charging up but very slowly. Put it on with about 15% and it took about 5-6 hours to reach full charge. I'm using the USB3 wall charger it was supplied with and I've not had an issue with this until now.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this or can anyone offer a solution before I have to book it in for repair?

Thanks
    Chris

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Slow Charging Note 3

I haven't come across this issue before. It the battery getting hot at all?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No not at all. I wondered if the lead was faulty meaning it was only charging though the micro usb and not that extra bit alongside. That said it's not left my bedside table so I thought it unlikely it would just break.

FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

USB 3 and USB 2 cables charge the same way. It has nothing to do with the extra cable, but it could be two other things: cable gone bad, charger gone bad.

I would 1st reboot with a battery remove / reinsert 1st. If that doesn't work, try another cable (USB 2), and then another charger (at least 2.1 amps) if the two other solutions fail

USB 3 and USB 2 wall chargers will both charge your phone at the exact same speed, if both chargers are a minimum of 2.1 amp capacity.

USB 3 cables allow higher data transfer speeds and higher charge rates (900ma) while plugged into a USB 3 computer port, but there's no impact using the a USB AC/ DC charger with a USB 3 cable. In fact, there's no such thing as a USB 3 charger, just cable and PC port.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for your help. Took the lot to the carphone warehouse and the guy there found some green stuff on the leads contact which indicates a short apparently. New lead ordered.

Hello Man, I am facing the same exact issue you had. Can you please tell me what to do exactly?
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,426 Global Posts

He changed his cable...
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Madd54 likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Look in both ends of the lead and see if there's any green residue. Apparently it's a sign of a short. Mines been fine ever since getting a new charger. Should be able to get one on warranty.

Hi Omar El-Kateb, I have been facing the same issue for past couple of days. it requires almost an hour to charge merely 1-2%. Did changing the leads or the charger worked out for you??
    Moreover, after thorough checking i still cudnt find anything in the charging jack or on the leads

I am having the same problem with my Note 3. I do not understand your cell phone talk though.

What exactly are "leads" on my cell phone?

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Palumbo1 View Post
    I am having the same problem with my Note 3. I do not understand your cell phone talk though.

What exactly are "leads" on my cell phone?

-Chris
    Welcome to Android Central.

It means the detachable USB cable that came with the Note 3, along with a charging plug.

Green is a sign of corrosion (i.e. your charger got wet). If you are looking for extra cables, the "Amazon Basics" brand is very good. they come in all sorts of lengths too (be forewarned, and I speak from experience, 9 feet is longer than you think :-)