Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T Note 3: KitKat is rolling out today some already getting the update

Samsung note3 & tab 2 10.1
    Thanked by:

Default Re: at&t kit Kat is rolling out today some all ready getting the update. my battery is to low to che

Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now... 541.77MB

Default Re: at&t kit Kat is rolling out today some all ready getting the update. my battery is to low to che

I'm still not totally sold on the KitKat update. Good Luck and by all means report back your KitKat update findings
    Thanked by:

trust me, the gimmick in KK will fade as soon as 2 minutes, then the flood of bugs begin to bug you for months to come.

I say, don't do it until you read more feedbacks.
    GN3, LP, TMO, BLK, 96G, 3200/9660mAh/ZTE OPEN C w FFOS 2.2
    Use Firefox Mobile for Android for enhanced security, speed, privacy, and battery.
    Thanked by 2:

I updated to Kit Kat and I haven't had no issues. Battery has been fine as well. But I always reset phone after a huge update like that. But that's just me. I know you shouldn't have to do that but it's something that has always worked for me so I stick to it.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by llfloyd79 View Post
    I updated to Kit Kat and I haven't had no issues. Battery has been fine as well. But I always reset phone after a huge update like that. But that's just me. I know you shouldn't have to do that but it's something that has always worked for me so I stick to it.

Completely reset, like erase and everything and start over? You're right, we shouldn't have to do something like that but it sounds like a good idea. I may try that! My update is downloading now
    @Jennabailey0706
    "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!"

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMomma View Post
    Completely reset, like erase and everything and start over? You're right, we shouldn't have to do something like that but it sounds like a good idea. I may try that! My update is downloading now
    Yeah...After the phone updates, I reset thru recovery and start over fresh. That's just something I have always done with pass devices.....

Quote Originally Posted by llfloyd79 View Post

I am sure reset works, I am just not sure how long this can last. Since there are bugs in the OS, which google admits, reset wouldn't be a lasting solution.
    GN3, LP, TMO, BLK, 96G, 3200/9660mAh/ZTE OPEN C w FFOS 2.2
    Use Firefox Mobile for Android for enhanced security, speed, privacy, and battery.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I have updated to 4.4.2. I looked at various things and then moved all my pics, videos, and music back to the micro sd card. Everything seems snappy, no lag, and no problems opening any of my applications. Wake Lock Detector has lost some functionality and must have root to obtain certain statistics again. The update seems to be problem free but the longer term test will be battery longevity, which will be evaluated over the next few days. So far so good. I will proceed without doing a complete wipe and reset for now and see what happens.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.

I have read on ATT's support site that users with KK have improved GPS. Mine has been dropping a lot as of late, so if this update fixes it then it is well worth it! I drive for a living and constantly on GPS.

Edit: I am downloading KK now!

Default Re: AT&T Note 3: KitKat is rolling out today some already getting the update

A bunch of additions to the pen window! That's cool. Not a fan of this keyboard transition effects though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by sddabrow View Post
    I have read on ATT's support site that users with KK have improved GPS. Mine has been dropping a lot as of late, so if this update fixes it then it is well worth it! I drive for a living and constantly on GPS.

Edit: I am downloading KK now!
    Pls let us know about KK & the GPS.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by w7sg View Post
    Pls let us know about KK & the GPS.

Good luck
    My compass never worked right before. Downloaded KK and that was the first thing I checked. Worked like a charm now!

Will post more on it as I drive tomorrow

Default Re: AT&T Note 3: KitKat is rolling out today some already getting the update

Has anyone who was previously rooted been able to get this update to install? I've been unable, along with others over at XDA. Thanks

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Hey everyone, just updated to kit kat...However my pull down settings toggles are still a dark color background...shouldn't they be white?

Hope AT&T did better Q&A then T-mobile did, the Kitkat literally destroys Note 3's left and right. I had to go through THREE Note 3's until I finally got one and kept Jelly Bean on it, thats how bad KitKat wrecked them.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

It is a bit early to come to a final judgment but it seems like us AT&T Note 3 users got a 4.4.2 update which appears improved to what the earlier releases to other carriers got.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordklutz View Post
    Hey everyone, just updated to kit kat...However my pull down settings toggles are still a dark color background...shouldn't they be white?

Not the toggles just the panel when up, like battery, time, signal, notifications.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Best to read my post before I edit it. In fact, no - don't read it. I haven't finished yet. Come back later!

I have a suspicion the later you get KK, the better it will be, and this is late.

I have had it for 11 days on a N9005 UK version and it's been good. Apps work the same, save to SD etc, but I haven't explored fully and don't download music or videos to save.
    Just been some Google Sync error issues, mainly with Gallery. I think Google selects all the sync boxes you deselected before.
    I guess carrier versions will be different, but late could mean good.

Still, if your phone turns to mush, remember it was me who told you not to.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    Best to read my post before I edit it. In fact, no - don't read it. I haven't finished yet. Come back later!

Just downloaded. I'll be upgrading a little later once I don't need my phone for a little while.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts

Downloaded this afternoon. No problems thus far. Seems even snappier than before!

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Downloading now to the N3. Hoping for improved GPS performance and resolution to the WiFi "unstable" issue...

Definitely some more battery drain, nothing too crazy but I saw it from my daily gym session. Might need a couple more days to verify.

alhc78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sddabrow View Post
    Definitely some more battery drain, nothing too crazy but I saw it from my daily gym session. Might need a couple more days to verify.

I've noticed the battery drain as well.

via Blanca .. yup I named her

Quote Originally Posted by alhc78 View Post
    I've noticed the battery drain as well.

via Blanca .. yup I named her
    Yeah its definitely there, not too bad though. I'm just ecstatic my GPS works now lol means more to me than the battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast