Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By pearljam123
  • 2 Post By GadgetMomma
  • 1 Post By sddabrow
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default group text LAG

Has anyone seen this messaging thing where say your in a group thread and person A texts the group but you also get a personal message from that person saying the message is unavailable tap to resend or retrieve and it never happens until later its like the texts get clogged or something its very weird. I cant keep up with the conversation. Has anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

Posted via Android Central App
    ajspurr likes this.

Default Re: group text LAG

Quote Originally Posted by pearljam123 View Post
    Has anyone seen this messaging thing where say your in a group thread and person A texts the group but you also get a personal message from that person saying the message is unavailable tap to resend or retrieve and it never happens until later its like the texts get clogged or something its very weird. I cant keep up with the conversation. Has anyone seen this or know what I'm talking about?

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, that definitely happens in group text. If your phone happens to be in the group thread you can literally sit there and watch the text come in individually as it converts over to mms, then to moves into the group thread. It definitely can be a pain, especially if the group text is going fast - like people texting and replying immediately. Textra is a good replacement texting app, it speeds up the conversion to mms so that the lag is almost unnoticeable.
    @Jennabailey0706
    "If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!"
    sddabrow and ajspurr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMomma View Post
    Yeah, that definitely happens in group text. If your phone happens to be in the group thread you can literally sit there and watch the text come in individually as it converts over to mms, then to moves into the group thread. It definitely can be a pain, especially if the group text is going fast - like people texting and replying immediately. Textra is a good replacement texting app, it speeds up the conversion to mms so that the lag is almost unnoticeable.

I definitely second Textra.. speeds up the whole texting experience. Even typing seems quicker.. I always noticed a sort of keyboard lag with the stock text messaging app.
    GadgetMomma likes this.

What carrier are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetMomma View Post
    Happens to me too! Just FYI I have a G2 with Verizon. This tends to happen more when the other texters are using iPhones. It's so annoying. I'm gonna try this Textra though