So my Lexar 16GB was wiped yesterday.
    Not sure how it happened, but what's done is done.
    I tried a few different recovery programs but the only thing it seemed to recover was my music and the album art and a few pictures that I have deleted in the past.
    What I am wondering now is, how did it happen?
    I had plugged my phone in the car and put it in the glove box to charge for the drive. When I stopped over an hour later and went to check it, there was a notification saying that the SD card was unexpectedly removed. So I took my back cover off and pulled the card out, then put it back in. Nothing came up. So I removed the card out of my wife's S4 and tried the Lexar and didn't show up on hers either. But her card showed up on my Note. So I waited until I got back home that night and did the recovery.
    What I am wondering now is, could it have been the vibrations from the drive that caused the SD card to come out? I noticed now that the SD card slot on the Note isn't spring loaded like some of the other devices.
    Any ideas? I am just looking to avoid this from happening again. I occasionally change my phone on long drives. I have picked up a new SanDisk and will hopefully have better luck with that one.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    03-27-2014 06:57 PM
    The SD card may have had an error in it causing the notification. Did you unmount the card when you removed it?
    03-28-2014 12:14 AM
    It could have been something as simple as static discharge while it was charging .It is not uncommon for a MicroSD card to fail unexpectedly at times.
    03-28-2014 12:26 AM
    I would recommend you to buy Samsung SD card or sandisk

Posted via Android Central App
    03-28-2014 03:27 AM
    The SD card may have had an error in it causing the notification. Did you unmount the card when you removed it?
    It is an older SD card. I have had it for a couple of years.
    I always do unmount it before I take it out. However this time it was unexpectedly removed. I did check to see if I could unmount it, but it wasn't showing up anymore. So I just took it out.

I have picked up a new 32GB SanDisk now. Bigger is better!

03-28-2014 08:29 AM
    It is an older SD card. I have had it for a couple of years.
    I always do unmount it before I take it out. However this time it was unexpectedly removed. I did check to see if I could unmount it, but it wasn't showing up anymore. So I just took it out.

I have picked up a new 32GB SanDisk now. Bigger is better!

If it was that old, and you read or write to it a lot, then it may have just died. Downside to Sd cards. When their life cycle is done, there is usually very little or no warning.
    03-28-2014 09:00 AM
    I HIGHLY recommend using G+ to back up photos and videos. You can set it to upload only when on Wi-Fi (if you don't have unlimited like me ) and only when charging, so it doesn't kill your battery. Their pricing just got RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP (just got 100gb for $1.99 a month!!)
    03-28-2014 10:40 AM
    Yeah, I just set up a Dropbox account yesterday. I have no idea why I never did that sooner. It's easy and convenient!
    It's great for sharing videos too! If only I would have done it 3 months ago I would still have all the pictures and videos I have taken since my last back up.
    Lessons learned for sure.
    I am just worried now that the next time I plug into my car there is a chance that it will happen again...

03-28-2014 12:24 PM
    The chances of it happening again are very slim. I agree with Golfdriver in that it just failed and that happens with SD cards, especially older ones.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    03-28-2014 04:15 PM