How to get rid of Flipboard?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Flipboard downloaded itself and I've gone in and shut it off but can't get rid of the app icon, no trash can at top of the page.
It's something I would not use and I want to be rid of it!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think that is a bloatware app. Best thing you can do is uninstall the updates and bring it to the factory version and disable it.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think that is a bloatware app. Best thing you can do is uninstall the updates and bring it to the factory version and disable it.

Thanks, I have done what you have suggested but I can't find away to get rid of the Flipboard icon in my app tray !! (?)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
"Size does matter!"

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
You can't unless you root or use a third party launche that will let you remove...I have diabled the app in running and all app menu and it still starts up...go figure...If you use a launcher you can remove clutter from app drawer but it stays in phone...just gets it outta site...til it tells you updates are available even if you have that unchecked in main apps too...ugh...unless you root tho, it's just something we gotta purt up with.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After discussing it with a few other Ambassadors, I discovered I was wrong, and lterry913 is right. Best thing to try is to load another launcher and hide flipboard if rooting isn't your thing.
Sorry for the misinformation.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I forgot or hadn't noticed Fllipboard still has it's own icon, which is a little crazy as the icon is also on the Samsung multi icon tray thingy as well. I also have disabled / force stopped and reverted it several times to no avail. Still, I can mostly forget Fllipboard is there.
*Edited.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually like and use Flipboard, the app. Where I think Samsung made a bad decision was to essentially force My Magazine on us via the home button integration. My understanding is that My Magazine uses Flipboard as part of its base, for lack of a better way to put it.

Like many, I don't want My Magazine. I'm waiting for Android 4.4.x or whatever Verizon pushes out. Assuming a root method is still available, My Magazine is the first thing I'm zapping.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I actually like and use Flipboard, the app. Where I think Samsung made a bad decision was to essentially force My Magazine on us via the home button integration. My understanding is that My Magazine uses Flipboard as part of its base, for lack of a better way to put it.

Like many, I don't want My Magazine. I'm waiting for Android 4.4.x or whatever Verizon pushes out. Assuming a root method is still available, My Magazine is the first thing I'm zapping.
It's never really bothered me and I wondered why it bothered other people until a new thread about Swipe typing. I can see then it would be a real pain if it came up all the time. I can bring up the My Magazine start page, but fortunately swiping up from the bottom is not something I do naturally.:)

Atanaska Vlaykova

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Actually you CAN NOT!!! I've been trying for 2 months and came to naught , not only the icon is there, the bloody thing keeps updating every morning about 5 am when you sleep and drains the battery. Even though you deselect the app ( tap and hold an empty area on the Home screen, then tap the Home screen Settings and deselect Flipboard Briefing ) and disable automatic updates. Factory reset doesn't help, it is part of the software, neither does the so called repair at Samsung repair centre, my Galaxy A5 was there twice, they only install the latest software, which is worse then the previous version and still has that harmful app. The magazine must have paid Samsung a fortune to force it on us and, actually killing two birds with one stone - destroying the battery, so you can pay them for a new one. Non of the "great" features, listed within User Manual, like Motions and gestures work! I bitterly regret choosing Samsung!

Jezyka

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about the app completely, but as far as being on the home page, I just pressed and held it until I was able to drag the whole page to the trash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007