Cannot change lock screen settings

Vintageblair

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I am NOT able to change the settings after adding my school email to my device. I have since deleted the email account with the hope that it would fix the problem. However, the problem still exists. Any advice on how I should fix this problem? Thank you very much!

Also is there a way to post a screenshot in this forum? I'm using the app.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am NOT able to change the settings after adding my school email to my device. I have since deleted the email account with the hope that it would fix the problem. However, the problem still exists. Any advice on how I should fix this problem? Thank you very much!

Not quite sure about the lockscreen settings.

As for adding pictures, you can't with the standard AC app. You need the AC Forums app.

Vintageblair

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!
I have gone ahead and uploaded a screenshot of the problem. As you can see all options for changing the way in which I get through the lock screen have been de_highlighted. I really don't want to have to do a hard reset on my phone so I'm hoping that there's some way to fix this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1396019362998.jpg
    1396019362998.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 46

Vintageblair

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice! The problem is that the clear credentials selection is greyed out. I attached a photo. Also, what is foxfi? Is that something you think I need to install?

Attachments

• 1396020663658.jpg
    1396020663658.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 41

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
What is under device administrators? Foxfi is an app that people use to get free hotspot. When you install, you have to install a certificate and a lock screen. After you remove it, you can no longer change options under lock screen. That is why I was asking.

Vintageblair

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
This is what is under administrators. Nothing is checked off. So, what the heck is going on? What a frustrating situation. I would hate to have to reset as I just got this phone and have spent the last week downloading applications and changing my settings. I think it would take forever to do a reset on it and then reconfigure everything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1396023880858.jpg
    1396023880858.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 37

rjones1966

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I experienced a similar problem when I added my work email to my Galaxy Note. I was able to lock using features other than PIN and password only after I unchecked all of the Device Administrator options. Doing this deleted my work email from my phone. I powered down my phone and started it again and was able to set the Lock Screen using the other features (Swipe, Signature, Patter, PIN, and Password).

Vintageblair

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input on this. That method doesn't seem to work for one for whatever reason. Afraid I might end up having to completely start from scratch with this. We'll see. If anyone else has suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Vintageblair

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So should I go ahead and clear my phone then? Seems silly to clear it because of an issue like this, but if that's my only option, then so be it.

mitchellgc

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I believe KNOX is doing it. You mentioned recently adding your school email. I 'think' doing so enabled KNOX which enforces stronger security.
I'm having the same issue and am also trying to figure out if there are alternatives.

Jaylilone1109

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

k

###I FIGURED IT OUT INSTEAD OF RESETTING YOUR PHONE DO NOT GO TO SETTINGS THEN SECURITY TO CHANGE IT YOU HAVE TO CLIick SETTINGS>DEVICE>LOCKSCREEN>SCREENLOCK>THEN SET WHAT TYPE OF SCREEN LOCK WITH UPDATE FOR SOME REASON OTHER WAY IS GREYED OUT

Drevey

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I just had this problem and wanted to share my solution. I recently added a VPN to my cellphone using work credentials. I did this by accessing settings>more settings>VPN. Since doing so I lost my ability to change my lock settings from PIN. All options were greyed out. I went back into the VPN, clicked on it, and deleted it. That was my solution. Immediately I was able to change my lock screen options. Hope this helps others out there.

nofxjmf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I am having a similar problem. I am on a note 3 had alliance rom and now jasmine rom and weird enough this problem has been on both roms. It maybe do to an app or something I installed but I can not go into lock screen and save "PIN" or "PASSWORD" (I can select them and enter them in but they will not save). I can chose the lower security options but that's it. If I choose pin and set a pin nothing happens. It says I can remove my SD card after that and doesn't change anything.

I had foxfi installed and just uninstalled it. (I couldn't use it because I need to set a pin password first). So I also removed my work email which was a device administrator and rebooted and still can not make a PIN password. Clear Credentials in Security is also grayed out for me. Anything else I can try doing to fix this other then wiping and trying it before I install my apps back?

Caryn Code

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Did you find a solution? I'm on an unlocked and rooted T-Mobile Note 3 with alliance and having the exact same problems. I can't set a pin or password in screenlock and I can't clear credentials. I also use Nova Launcher.
So I am having a similar problem. I am on a note 3 had alliance rom and now jasmine rom and weird enough this problem has been on both roms. It maybe do to an app or something I installed but I can not go into lock screen and save "PIN" or "PASSWORD" (I can select them and enter them in but they will not save). I can chose the lower security options but that's it. If I choose pin and set a pin nothing happens. It says I can remove my SD card after that and doesn't change anything.

I had foxfi installed and just uninstalled it. (I couldn't use it because I need to set a pin password first). So I also removed my work email which was a device administrator and rebooted and still can not make a PIN password. Clear Credentials in Security is also grayed out for me. Anything else I can try doing to fix this other then wiping and trying it before I install my apps back?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs